• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any other "Type" collectors out there? How do you collect?

56 posts in this topic

Being a fairly new collector of four years and only joining these boards recently have really confused my collecting interests seeing so many incredible books posted here. thumbsup2.gif

I have some SA/BA runs I'm working on like Spidey, Cap,Avengers, OAAW, SSWS, TTA and I now I try to try to pick up books with covers that really interest me that are awesome in my opinion from any era or title. My interests have really broadened since joining these boards with the more knowledge I gain from many of you experts. hail.gifhail.gif

Great idea for a post topic and I'm always interested in what many of you other members are collecting.

My long term goal is as much of Detective Comics as I can assemble. I was going to stop Detective at issue 327, the "new look Batman." But when I got to that point, about a year ago, I decided to keep going. I have a few lingering issues of other runs I need to finish, 3 books here and a dozen there, but they are all bronze age stuff or Mags (need to finish my Vampi run cloud9.gif).

I started with Green Lantern, Silver age, then did the rest of the DC silver age Super Heroes, up to about #100, now I'm going backwards in time, primarily Female Superheroes, Wonder Woman, Moon Girl, Phantom Lady (if you can call her a Super Hero) and GA GL, cause Hal Jordan was my first love, and Alan Scott is acceptable;) cloud9.gif.

Basically, I am easily sidetracked...;)

Being a fairly new collector of four years and only joining these boards recently have really confused my collecting interests seeing so many incredible books posted here. thumbsup2.gif

I have some SA/BA runs I'm working on like Spidey, Cap,Avengers, OAAW, SSWS, TTA and I now I try to try to pick up books with covers that really interest me that are awesome in my opinion from any era or title. My interests have really broadened since joining these boards with the more knowledge I gain from many of you experts. hail.gifhail.gif

Great idea for a post topic and I'm always interested in what many of you other members are collecting.

My long term goal is as much of Detective Comics as I can assemble. I was going to stop Detective at issue 327, the "new look Batman." But when I got to that point, about a year ago, I decided to keep going. I have a few lingering issues of other runs I need to finish, 3 books here and a dozen there, but they are all bronze age stuff or Mags (need to finish my Vampi run cloud9.gif).

Detectives are wonderful. Are you planning to do the entire run? Or Batman and up?

For a while I was collecting issue # 50 from every gold book that lasted that long. I have quite a few, but my interest died out. Maybe I'll revive it soon?

Maybe this will revive it cloud9.gif

1741357-comics018.jpg

1741357-comics018.jpg.6cb6f2bce1a7dc58b4cfb844e57b1164.jpg

I collect covers...robot, hooded figure, headlight, werewolf, vampire, mummy, hypo, knight, decap and, of course, anything gruesome like a hot poker to the eye type stuff. That should keep me busy for the next 50 years or so.

I collect covers where the main character has a giant swelled head.

S

A case of "We covet what we see everyday?" confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

Bill

Is it possible that you had the nickname "Big Head" when you were in 3rd grade? Is it possible that I have hit a raw nerve? If so, I am sorry Big Head.

S

S

27_laughing.gif

Bill

Is it possible that you had the nickname "Big Head" when you were in 3rd grade? Is it possible that I have hit a raw nerve? If so, I am sorry Big Head.

S

Actually no. It wasn't until high school when we started taking communal showers that the nickname was hung on me.

What's your excuse?

S

27_laughing.gif

Bill

S

Actually no. It wasn't until high school when we started taking communal showers that the nickname was hung on me.

What's your excuse?

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

end of colloquy.

S

27_laughing.gif

Bill

S

What's your excuse?

Snap! From one "Big Head" to another...Way to go Bill!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to collect every Golden Age comic ever published!

I don't know what I'm going to do when I accomplish that goal.

brick.gifwave.gif

you have a good start!...

rick

I'm trying to collect every Golden Age comic ever published!

I don't know what I'm going to do when I accomplish that goal.

brick.gifwave.gif

I believe in providing a warm and loving home to any orphan GA comics...;) Just send them with their toothbrush, or if they don't have one, I keep an extra box...;)cloud9.gif

S

27_laughing.gif

Bill

S

What's your excuse?

Now that is a sign-funnypost.gif It also reminds me to stay away from showers and men who know how vulcan mind meld.