• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this worth $1000??? *DELETED* *DELETED*

27 posts in this topic

I imagine it would be if the superman #11 is nice it could fetch a few hundred by itself, mixed with the other stuff, the archies if they are VF are a few bucks each. if you're planning to sell them, I would try and talk em down a bit, but for a collection standpoint it doesn't seem too bad.

If you're under the impression about the grades .. look up the books in those grade ranges and start adding up the book values. If you like the books and they're worth buying... then do it.. but I don't think anyone is going to start adding up these books for you.

The titles are all over the map IMO but there could be a few potential winners in the pile.

Depends on the condition of:

BATMAN

DETECTIVE COMICS

SUPERMAN

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN

HERE COMES DAREDEVIL

FANTASTIC FOUR

TALES TO ASTONISH

TALES OF SUSPENSE

W.D. COMICS AND STORIES

THE BLUE BETTLE

And a few others. I would have to say unless they're beaters it seems like a reasonable deal thumbsup2.gif

I would think so. If the Amazing Spiderman 3,8 FF 3,4 and Daredevil 1 are at least 2.0 then those 5 comics alone guide out over $1000. If they are higher grade even better. Then you factor in the Supes 11 and all the others and it sounds like a good deal. But of course that is dependent on it being what they say it is. Good luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Are you kidding me? IF the Superman 11, Showcase 2, Spiderman 3, 8, DD 1 and FF 3 and 4 are in even remotely VG condition, then I'd say yes, that's a very nice price for those and all that other stuff. You should be able to sell just those books, in VG, for way more than $1000. And there's a ton of other good stuff in there beyond that.

A few things to consider:

* Condition is everything! If they're better than VG you're in business. Chances are they will be Fair to Good. That's just how it usually goes.

* What we think doesn't matter if it's worth $1000 to you to have the comics

* Figure for the time and trouble that it takes to handle all this the books will sell for 1/3 guide or less. If you can make a profit after that or the deal pays for itself and you still get to keep the books you like then thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for all the input guys. I have looked at closing numbers on some of these key books and the numbers really don't lie. If these books are in the condition noted then this is a great deal, maybe they are in better condition, who knows yay.gif. I will see these books tomorrow and make the call when i see them with my own eyes.

Thanks for all the input guys. I have looked at closing numbers on some of these key books and the numbers really don't lie. If these books are in the condition noted then this is a great deal, maybe they are in better condition, who knows yay.gif. I will see these books tomorrow and make the call when i see them with my own eyes.

If you buy them, are you keeping them or flipping them? popcorn.gif

I'll take the Showcase 2 off your hands if flippin.

I'm flipping a good majority of these books. I might keep the Supes #11.

I'm flipping a good majority of these books. I might keep the Supes #11.

You should sell them through the marketplace. thumbsup2.gif

well, the guide isn't the word of god or anything, but on those big keys/early issues getting half of guide on a properly graded book here or on ebay should not be all that hard and sometimes better than that. That's a lot of stuff for $1000. I'd probably go for it even if they tended to be more in the 2.0 - 4.0 range than 5.0 - 8.0. If everything is more like 1.0 - 2.0 I'd look more closely at the big books and crunch numbers a bit more, but I still think there's a good profit to be made even in that sort of condition.

So going off of what i have mentioned is this lot worth $1000?

Is this a rhetorical question?

H E double hockey sticks yeah it's a good deal!

If the SA books are anywhere near 5-6.0, and the GA books already mentioned by others in the thread are close to 3-4.0 or above. Have the cash in hand so you can land this lot immediately. Do you have ANY confidence in the person selling them, and or how they graded the books?

The books you listed are all over the map,and represent some really good titles and issues. If it was April 1rst I would be extremely leery of this post.

Let us know what you find out after seeing the lot. I will of course be jealous, but still happy for your good fortune if it turns out to be as advertised.

Good luck

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

So going off of what i have mentioned is this lot worth $1000?

Is this a rhetorical question?

H E double hockey sticks yeah it's a good deal!

If the SA books are anywhere near 5-6.0, and the GA books already mentioned by others in the thread are close to 3-4.0 or above. Have the cash in hand so you can land this lot immediately. Do you have ANY confidence in the person selling them, and or how they graded the books?

The books you listed are all over the map,and represent some really good titles and issues. If it was April 1rst I would be extremely leery of this post.

Let us know what you find out after seeing the lot. I will of course be jealous, but still happy for your good fortune if it turns out to be as advertised.

Good luck

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

I was actually contacted by a local guy out here in So. Cal. about some old comics. I've gotten emails like this before but they usually turn out to be BA stuff so as usual i asked to see some pics and a list and that's what he sent me. I was floored when i saw it then i started to crunch some numbers. He doesn't collect books so the grading may be completely off but i won't know for sure until tomorrow.