• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What should i do.....

24 posts in this topic

With all my star wars toys. The stuff just doesnt move on ebay anymore and its just taking up room. I dont want to just give the *spoon* away but i dont want to try and keep selling it to no avail. Help me.

Any MOC Vintage (1977-1985) ???

if so I'll buy 'em from you no sweat.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If not you can always take out a huge insurance policy

and have a good friend "steal" them.

grin.gif

With all my star wars toys. The stuff just doesnt move on ebay anymore and its just taking up room. I dont want to just give the *spoon* away but i dont want to try and keep selling it to no avail. Help me.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean.

I sold most of what I could on Ebay, most at a loss of the retail that I paid. I did make a few dollars profit selling my 50 Episode 1 Darth Mauls (Jedi Duel) for $9.99 a piece. A few of the ships made a profit (especially any Toys R Us or Walmart exclusives). I sold a bunch of my other Episode I and II figures in bulk lots, but took a hefty loss to do so (got like $3 to $4 a piece that way), but individually, there are many you can't even get a buck for.

I still have a bunch of Episode I figures including a ton of once HTF but now apparently worthless Mace Windu figures.

Oh, and if you think Star Wars is hard to move, try Starting Line-Up figures and McGwire and Griffey, Jr stuff tonofbricks.gif

I have all of the new stuff MOC of POTF Orange, Green etc...

with all the variants. Episode I all MOC figures. All POTJ MOC. All Episode II MOC.

I started to burn out and lost room after Episode II. Who knows maybe the Episode III

figures will be worth something (atleast that was a half way decent movie, the other two

are trash).

I will having a massive sell-off when the Star Wars TV show kicks in.

Now I am only collecting vintage MOC and that is all I will keep.

To save room...

I have NO REGRETS though, because it was fun collecting these.

The sculpts on some of these newer figures are totally awesome.

thumbsup2.gif

its the newer POTF. I had fun collecting them but now i dont look at them the same. In fact i hate even dealing with them anymore. Ill post a list of what i got and see if anyone wants stuff for real cheap.

The problem with all these toys, is that the online dealers had connections

to get crates and crates of these toys that were way mass produced and

move them via auction.

The toys that were at the store were bought up by the buyers that thought they

had something rare, but even with the variants or HTF toys - they were mass produced that

they would never have any value.

The original line by Kenner on the other hand was pre collector (keep sealed toy) hype

and most were actually played with.

For those that don't know, there are only two periods of vintage that will have any true value

and that is The '77 12 back series and the under produced (due to lack of interest) POTF '85

series. Of course there are variants and raraties in this line as well.

my kids are 5 and 7.....feel free to send them to me so they can play with them...they are currently Star War light sabre fighting jedi knights etc.....

thumbsup2.gif

It's funny watching them pretend...although a bit disturbing when they lose an arm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hear ya crazy.gif

I have almost every Spawn figure from series 1 through series 10, including multiples of the "chase" figures and all the rare variants.

I'm going to be sorting and trying to sell these over the next couple of weeks/months, and something tells me I won't get anywhere near the retail prices I paid for them at the time makepoint.gif