• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

37th Overstreet Available for Preorder $18.99/$22.99

62 posts in this topic

Sure the transaction is taking place on my website but I simply could of said give me $18.99 or $22.99 plus $6 shipping and we can handle it through here.

It ticks me off that so much of a poop is made about the red tape. I am just trying to get board members a good deal on the product and there will always be someone who says,

"shouldn't this blah blah blah"

kinda like the thread where you said (paraphrasing)

"Hey underdog, you should post them all at once cause I would have bought a bunch but everyone beat me too it." poke2.gifsmile.gif

I get them at half off or whatever the diamond discount is so not needing one right now. heck, I just picked up a 36 devil.gif

david

Sure the transaction is taking place on my website but I simply could of said give me $18.99 or $22.99 plus $6 shipping and we can handle it through here.

It ticks me off that so much of a poop is made about the red tape. I am just trying to get board members a good deal on the product and there will always be someone who says,

"Hey underdog, you should post them all at once cause I would have bought a bunch but everyone beat me too it." poke2.gifsmile.gif

I get them at half off or whatever the diamond discount is so not needing one right now. heck, I just picked up a 36 devil.gif

david

No, its nothing like that. I said that because it would of helped him.

Your referring to the OS#36 in which case it really isn't relative because who wants a year old price guide (unless for reading the articles but isn't that like saying I use playboy only for the articles?) And if you ordered one from Diamond at 50% off for the #36 "just" then I think your a nub.

david

Your referring to the OS#36 in which case it really isn't relative because who wants a year old price guide (unless for reading the articles but isn't that like saying I use playboy only for the articles?) And if you ordered one from Diamond at 50% off for the #36 "just" then I think your a nub.

yes referring to os36, i wanted the price guide for the house, my old one disappeared somewhere. diamond hasn't seemed to have them for a while and I wanted one quick so I filled in an amazon order with one for like $16 (and got it in two days from the warehouse in lex.). like someone said, they only buy them only once ina couple years cause the price doesn't fluctuate much....so having one at home for a couple months (til the next one comes out) is worth the price to me.

The word noob (not nub) if it applies to people who have collected comics since 1975 and been involved in the sale of them since 1992 counts as a noob...thats me.

That's a pretty good price (Lower than any I've seen.) thumbsup2.gif

Unfortunately, I get free shipping with Amazon Prime which more than makes up for the difference.

Only 5 board orders so far. Is there a better deal elsewhere or have most of you already preordered from other places?

Overstock.com has it for .20 cheaper. That being said, I believe it's more important to support forum members so I placed my preorder with Russ. It also gave me the excuse to order some comic boxes I desperately needed.

Angelo

david

yes referring to os36, i wanted the price guide for the house, my old one disappeared somewhere. diamond hasn't seemed to have them for a while and I wanted one quick so I filled in an amazon order with one for like $16 (and got it in two days from the warehouse in lex.). like someone said, they only buy them only once ina couple years cause the price doesn't fluctuate much....so having one at home for a couple months (til the next one comes out) is worth the price to me.

The word noob (not nub) if it applies to people who have collected comics since 1975 and been involved in the sale of them since 1992 counts as a noob...thats me.

Nub as in noob but nub is the preferred online game spelling of the word. I was pretty much refering to your "new" status on the boards as well as the reasoning for just buying a #36 when #37 is due out in a month.

ah the online gaming reference, sorry I don't do that so I wouldn't know the spelling, everywhere else its noob.

As for my newness to the boards, well if that is an indicator to be rude to people, ok.

I have dropped some pretty pennies here in the last couple months but there is my affinity for silver and bronze age dc's. As for buying a 36 now, well maybe I just get a desire and satisfy it.

david

ah the online gaming reference, sorry I don't do that so I wouldn't know the spelling, everywhere else its noob.

As for my newness to the boards, well if that is an indicator to be rude to people, ok.

I have dropped some pretty pennies here in the last couple months but there is my affinity for silver and bronze age dc's. As for buying a 36 now, well maybe I just get a desire and satisfy it.

david

David, I was just being silly with you. A vast majority of the people on these boards do business with me and a handful know me personally.

You also have to understand that a lot of people know each other from dinners, phone calls etc etc. I look at your profile and see nothing indicative of a real person. Usually when a profile lacks some of that info I for one believe it to be a shill.

You wouldn't be the first person to give me guff about something so I just figured I would play a bit.

Sorry Russ, if I would have known sooner, I'd have placed my order with you. But it is about the same at my LCS and I need to give him as much support as I can.

But if someone hasn't ordered I highly recommend ComicSupply! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

You also have to understand that a lot of people know each other from dinners, phone calls etc etc. I look at your profile and see nothing indicative of a real person. Usually when a profile lacks some of that info I for one believe it to be a shill.

You wouldn't be the first person to give me guff about something so I just figured I would play a bit.

Haven't had one of them in a while!!! poke2.gifhi.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

BTW - I'll be ordering my HC... unless you can get me the Big Book. I kinda like the notes section confused-smiley-013.gif

Haven't had one of them in a while!!! poke2.gifhi.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

BTW - I'll be ordering my HC... unless you can get me the Big Book. I kinda like the notes section confused-smiley-013.gif

lol, I know I haven't been too good on the phones lately. I will give you a ring one of these days (also, the numbers I have I really don't know where the lead, I know you moved or something)

Does anyone have any solid info as if there are only going to be the 2 covers?

Some people have emailed me about the Daredevil cover and I don't see where this is orderable from. Diamond codes only suggest the Avengers and Supergirl cover.

supergirl and new avengers all i have seen. Maybe dd will be on big book or something

I think the thing is that on amazon they have the pic of Daredevil. To me it doesn't even matter as it is what is inside the book that counts. However, some people have asked about it so.

supergirl and new avengers all i have seen. Maybe dd will be on big book or something

I think the thing is that on amazon they have the pic of Daredevil. To me it doesn't even matter as it is what is inside the book that counts. However, some people have asked about it so.

I was going to ask about it as well. I'd rather have the DD version myself. It's the only version I saw pictured on Amazon. Could it be that the DD version is the one that the big retail book stores get? I noticed the layout looked similar to my Batman 36th edition I got fom Barnes and Noble.