• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

"X" marks the spot where you will find the book that is the prize for this game. Your challenge is to figure out where "X" is. The first five persons to PM the correction location to me continue. No posts in this thread. Each person is limited to one answer.

Begin at Xavier's School for Gifted Children and fly the Blackbird east to the country of Storm's birth. From there, travel Northeast about 1000 miles and land in the capitol city.

Where are you?

There are two correct answers so far so there is room for three more! I am going to leave this open until we get five, even if it takes all day...

OK, guys. I apologize but I buggered up the first question. I thought that Storm was born in Egypt. But, as wikipedia will tell you, she was born in New York City.

Please accept my apologies. I need to regroup and will restart Grail's Game tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific time.

:sorry:

Are you running for Miss Teen USA?

My geography is OK. It was my memory that was at fault. I forgot the story about Ororo's mother moving to Harlem...

At your age, I'm not surprised. :whistle:

"X" marks the spot where you will find the book that is the prize for this game. Your challenge is to figure out where "X" is. The first five persons to PM the correction location to me continue. No posts in this thread. Each person is limited to one answer.

Begin at Xavier's School for Gifted Children and fly the Blackbird east to the country of Storm's birth. From there, travel Northeast about 1000 miles and land in the capitol city.

Where are you?

There are two correct answers so far so there is room for three more! I am going to leave this open until we get five, even if it takes all day...

OK, guys. I apologize but I buggered up the first question. I thought that Storm was born in Egypt. But, as wikipedia will tell you, she was born in New York City.

Please accept my apologies. I need to regroup and will restart Grail's Game tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific time.

:sorry:

Are you running for Miss Teen USA?

My geography is OK. It was my memory that was at fault. I forgot the story about Ororo's mother moving to Harlem...

At your age, I'm not surprised. :whistle:

Don't make me cane you...

OK folks, this is how this one works. Each letter of the alphabet is worth a certain number of points A=1, B=2, etc. A person's name is worth the total of all the letters in their name. So, "Abe" would be worth 8, A (1)+ B(2) + E(5) =8. Solve the formula below by converting the names of the characters into numbers.

I am looking for first names only. PM me with any questions. The first to post the correct answer wins. Round any fractions to the closest whole number.

Here is the formula

(Storm)(Nightcrawler)+(Batman)(Superman's secret identity)

Hulk + Spider-Man + Wolverine +Wonder Woman

OK folks, this is how this one works. Each letter of the alphabet is worth a certain number of points A=1, B=2, etc. A person's name is worth the total of all the letters in their name. So, "Abe" would be worth 8, A (1)+ B(2) + E(5) =8. Solve the formula below by converting the names of the characters into numbers.

I am looking for first names only. PM me with any questions. The first to post the correct answer wins. Round any fractions to the closest whole number.

Here is the formula

(Storm)(Nighcrawler)+(Batman)(Superman's secret identity)

Hulk + Spider-Man + Wolverine +Wonder Woman

33?

You forgot the "T" in Nightcrawler, but I included it. By first names only, did you mean Superman's identity?

41 . . . sent in a PM a few minutes ago.

We have a winner!

Here is my math - double-check me guys, my credibility is weak after yesterday's fiasco :blush:

Storm = Ororo = 15+18+15+18+15=81

Nightcrawler = Kurt = 11+21+18+20=70

Batman = Bruce = 2+18+21+3+5=49

Superman's secret identity = Clark = 3+12+1+18+11=45

Hulk also = Bruce = 2+18+21+3+5=49

Spider-Man = Peter = 16+5+20+5+18=64

Wolverine = Logan = 12+15+7+1+14=49

Wonder Woman = Diana = 4+9+1+14+1

(81)(70)+(49)(45)=5670+2205=7875

49+64+49+29=191

7875/191=41.23......= 41