• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

Last one had me scrambling like a madman. I need a coffee :insane:
Yeah, I was definitely scrambling. I noticed that the clue in the test thread appeared to be copied from original artwork because of the pencil lines extending out from the text. When he gave the Wally Wood clue, I googled "Wally Wood original art". The first entry in the results was Romitaman's website and I looked at the Wally Wood artwork. He had 4 pages from a Vampirella Magazine story. I noticed that the font looked the same on one page (Example 1). On another page, the character seemed to be something that he didn't recognize (Example 2) and finally there was a female character named Zara. So that was how I made an educated guess.

woodart.jpg

Last one had me scrambling like a madman. I need a coffee :insane:
Yeah, I was definitely scrambling. I noticed that the clue in the test thread appeared to be copied from original artwork because of the pencil lines extending out from the text. When he gave the Wally Wood clue, I googled "Wally Wood original art". The first entry in the results was Romitaman's website and I looked at the Wally Wood artwork. He had 4 pages from a Vampirella Magazine story. I noticed that the font looked the same on one page (Example 1). On another page, the character seemed to be something that he didn't recognize (Example 2) and finally there was a female character named Zara. So that was how I made an educated guess.

Remarkable Holmes!

:applause:

The next contest has already begun Chris, you didn't put two and two together with his last response to you?

Could be sooner than you think

I'm confused :insane:

Long story involving a water heater, cold water, no eyebrows and a stove.

Bush%20confused%2021_a.jpg

Now you use my horrible problem as a joke :devil:

Water heater being fixed as I type this...I boiled water to take a bath this morning...

sigh