• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

there are quite a few ramifications now that I've read the third place prize......

like maybe disqualifying players who retract their bids....to manipulate their place.

Those are good points, gents, and ones I hadn't considered. I don't want any unfair manipulation to affect the outcome so I am placing this rule now:

Any bid retractions are disqualified from the game. If you see anymore loopholes or errors in my game, please point them out so that we can all enjoy a fair game. Thanks.

I was going to point one out, but will do so now.

Think we should put how long a registered user should be here in order to even participate?

Lets say a ebay user find this auction, and comes here to read and resgister, not really fair, specially since the game has already started.

Just throwing this out there. thumbsup2.gif

I agree with you there, and I have added a cut off for member registration in the auction. July 6, 2007 or earlier in order to participate in this game. Unfortunately I have learned of several clever ways in which two or three people working together can manipulate the outcome of the game so by limiting this to just board members I'm sure we can rely on each other within the honor system.

there are quite a few ramifications now that I've read the third place prize......

like maybe disqualifying players who retract their bids....to manipulate their place.

Those are good points, gents, and ones I hadn't considered. I don't want any unfair manipulation to affect the outcome so I am placing this rule now:

Any bid retractions are disqualified from the game. If you see anymore loopholes or errors in my game, please point them out so that we can all enjoy a fair game. Thanks.

I was going to point one out, but will do so now.

Think we should put how long a registered user should be here in order to even participate?

Lets say a ebay user find this auction, and comes here to read and resgister, not really fair, specially since the game has already started.

Just throwing this out there. thumbsup2.gif

I agree with you there, and I have added a cut off for member registration in the auction. July 6, 2007 or earlier in order to participate in this game. Unfortunately I have learned of several clever ways in which two or three people working together can manipulate the outcome of the game so by limiting this to just board members I'm sure we can rely on each other within the honor system.

I appreciate all the messages and I do not wish to eliminate the extra prizes or have a set value for the third. I will keep the prizes the same but instead of them going to the second and third highest bidder, those two will now go to two random bidders. Board members only still. I will choose two numbers today and share them with Worldsbestcomics. I apologize for not foreseeing these issues but I believe most of you will now be comfortable with this final change.

Two random numbers have been chosen and I have shared them with Worldsbestcomics.

random bidder numbers?

Two random numbers have been chosen and I have shared them with Worldsbestcomics.

random bidder numbers?

He's trying to prevent fraud. 3 people could join together and clean house with all of the prizes. Instead of prizes for second highest bidder and third highest bidder, He has chose 2 random bidders. For example, bidder #5 could win the books and bidder #7 could win the cash. The highest bidder still wins the books on ebay.

random bidder numbers?

He's trying to prevent fraud. 3 people could join together and clean house with all of the prizes. Instead of prizes for second highest bidder and third highest bidder, He has chose 2 random bidders. For example, bidder #5 could win the books and bidder #7 could win the cash. The highest bidder still wins the books on ebay.

I was asking if he was using the bidder numbers as his random numbers, not why he was doing it.

random bidder numbers?

I was asking if he was using the bidder numbers as his random numbers, not why he was doing it.

I am not using the bidder numbers. The two numbers chosen are for their place in the order from highest to lowest once the auction closes. For example, if 32 was a chosen number, then it would be the 32nd highest bidder.

random bidder numbers?

I am not using the bidder numbers. The two numbers chosen are for their place in the order from highest to lowest once the auction closes. For example, if 32 was a chosen number, then it would be the 32nd highest bidder.

Not that I am going to, but I could probably the

32nd highest bidder

33rd highest bidder

34th highest bidder

35th highest bidder

36th highest bidder

etc..

if I just keep bidding $.01 over my last bid, right?

One more thing. Here's an example of a closing bid list and how I will choose the winners.

jerry 600

tom 550

tom 500

tom 450

harry 200

sally 100

Winning numbers 3 and 5 (for example)

Jerry of course wins the DKR set.

gets the Marvels because he is the third highest bidder.

Sally gets the cash since she is the fifth highest. This way we can have three separate winners.

One more thing. Here's an example of a closing bid list and how I will choose the winners.

jerry 600

tom 550

tom 500

tom 450

harry 200

sally 100

Winning numbers 3 and 5 (for example)

Jerry of course wins the DKR set.

gets the Marvels because he is the third highest bidder.

Sally gets the cash since she is the fifth highest. This way we can have three separate winners.

hail.gif