• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Count your pennies and raid your piggy banks everyone..

6 posts in this topic

I use to think prices were higher this time due to tax refunds. But this year I owe too!

and the artist types are the ones that tend to owe at tax time since they don't pay income tax with each art sales (I am guessing here). Plus if everyone thinks prices are higher at this time due to tax refunds and puts stuff on ebay, the extra supply will lower prices!

All this economic analysis on original art sales and prices is making my head hurt. I should be oogling at the Neal Adams Batman, Darrow Hard Boiled, Mazzuchelli DD & Batman and other prime stuff on ebay right now.

Malvin

Nice analysis Malvin. I've actually had a three artists contact me last week with stuff they want to sell in order to pay their taxes.

Good luck with your oogling! smile.gif

best,

Hart

Is it just me or is there a rash of decent stuff on ebay right now?...

I was just thinking the same thing.

I was going crazy on eBay during the last couple of weeks and also had an artist or two contact me about some available artwork.

I am not sure if it is a tax related phenomenon, but I will certainly be using a portion of my return to cover my recent purchases.

Scott smile.gif

Yeah, I've observed the same. Things were more or less dead until just the past few weeks.

However, I've had success both buying and selling just recently and I think this time frame really just marks the beginning of the "on season" -- conventions are here which means people looking to raise funds for other purchases and so on and so forth. Holidays are paid for etc.

Trying to sell on Ebay in Jan/Feb can really hurt your price realized as just not as many people are buying. All my .02.

J