• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon April 14-15 Discussion Thread

391 posts in this topic

Why does this feel like a Conventions Friday night dealer preview, except there are no books being sold. Or are they? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I fear a stampede tomorrow when the gates open of biblical proportions. Should be a very fun slam dance once the bell sounds, as I think there will be a lot more buyers wanting the same books then there were at the first VC.

Is biting allowed?

Ze-

How long can we edit our posts? Are we going to get locked out 48 hours after we first posted? That would be a bummer because we won't be able to edit on Sunday evening.

Mike

Very good point, Mike....you're right about the 48-hour editing limit. So Sunday at 5 pm, everything is going to "freeze" as is... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How long can we edit our posts? Are we going to get locked out 48 hours after we first posted? That would be a bummer because we won't be able to edit on Sunday evening.

Mike

Very good point, Mike....you're right about the 48-hour editing limit. So Sunday at 5 pm, everything is going to "freeze" as is... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think that is accurate if you keep editing the post. Arch, are you reading this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This afternoon I was updating a post from Wednesday in my test thread, and a few hours later I couldn't edit it anymore. It looks to me like the rule is "48 hours no matter what". But obviously, I'd be happy to be wrong.... confused-smiley-013.gif

This afternoon I was updating a post from Wednesday in my test thread, and a few hours later I couldn't edit it anymore. It looks to me like the rule is "48 hours no matter what". But obviously, I'd be happy to be wrong.... confused-smiley-013.gif
You are correct but I'm sure Arch could change the time frame.

The last thing I need is another place to shop, lol..but I'm a little confused...at 6pm tomorrow, if you want something, you have to PM immediately? Nothing before? It's an honor system?

I'm very sorry if I sound like a total dummy cloud9.gifbut I'm just finding my way around...

The last thing I need is another place to shop, lol..but I'm a little confused...at 6pm tomorrow, if you want something, you have to PM immediately? Nothing before? It's an honor system?

I'm very sorry if I sound like a total dummy cloud9.gifbut I'm just finding my way around...

Yes.. you can only start buying after 6pm tomorrow. You can "preview" until then.

We can't keep the thread hidden until then (or restrict access to the public like at a real comic convention)... so an honor system like this is the best alternative.

To those of you with booths on the later pages in the thread, I wouldn't panic. We're all such obsessives that I'm sure we're going to browse everything...plus, a good many of us with booths will probably be hanging around most of those 12 hours with not much to do besides browsing the other wares... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've noticed some people posting more than eight thumbnails across. After eight of them they start running off the screen and it makes it more difficult to view the entire page.

Mike

Yeah, page 4 appears to go clear across the convention floor... crazy.gif

I've noticed some people posting more than eight thumbnails across. After eight of them they start running off the screen and it makes it more difficult to view the entire page.

Mike

sorry.gif

Mike

sorry.gif

I think page one is even worse. I have a 17 inch monitor and the screen stretches on and on to the right.

Didn't we establish a 6 thumbnail across rule last time?

Mike

sorry.gif

I think page one is even worse. I have a 17 inch monitor and the screen stretches on and on to the right.

Didn't we establish a 6 thumbnail across rule last time?

17 inches are for chumps...unless we are discussing something else 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll be scanning tonight... foreheadslap.gif

came home from work.....last man standing on page 7 27_laughing.gif

I was pulling some fun books last night...some I hadn't seen in years, that were tucked away... thumbsup2.gif

that's more fun than selling 893applaud-thumb.gif

Any one else having issues with editing their posts - now when I preview my changes - the url code for the thumbnails shows up inbetween the images confused-smiley-013.gif

It was going fine at first.