• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nabisco comics - Wolverine 145 and Marvel Tales 137

9 posts in this topic

The Wolverine 145 Nabisco variant is a hot item these days. I also believe that Marvel Tales 137 had a Nabisco variant. Perhaps this a dumb question but how are these copies identified as having any affiliation with Nabisco? I do not believe that either comic is marked in any way as being a Nabisco edition. Was there EVER an ad ANYWHERE that indicated these copies could only be purchased as mailaways from Nabisco? Any thoughts on this? Anyone have more information on the history of these two comics? Were there more than these 2?

I have a couple copies of the Nabisco Marvel Tales 137 and the only difference on the cover is the UPC box area.

As well as the price box.

Yes, there are differences, but where is there any indication that it was from Nabisco? I have never seen an ad for it as a mailaway offer. There is nothing in the indicia regarding Nabisco. Some say the Wolverine 145 Nabisco was limimted to 5000 copies but where was that information obtained? ????

I have a couple copies of the Nabisco Marvel Tales 137 and the only difference on the cover is the UPC box area.

As well as the price box.

Yes, there are differences, but where is there any indication that it was from Nabisco? I have never seen an ad for it as a mailaway offer. There is nothing in the indicia regarding Nabisco. Some say the Wolverine 145 Nabisco was limimted to 5000 copies but where was that information obtained? ????

The more recent Nabisco Wolverine 145 has a completely different cover from the original but I don't remember it saying Nabisco anywhere. I don't remember how you got the old Marvel Tales 137. You sent proofs of purchase from several different products to get the Wolverine 145. And I have never heard any hard numbers on the print run for the Nabisco Wolverine 145. CBG has production numbers but I don't have mine with me to see if they include the Nabisco 145.

I bet there will be a huge warehouse find of these in the future. Nabisco is a multi-billion dollar company that sells a lot of product to the American public even if they felt that 1% of their customers actually were to paricipate in the campaign you are still looking into the thousands. Look at major Inpak from the early 50's, Heck look at the military freebies marvel gives out I have hands full of those. another one common thought to be rare at one time is Hero's Inc. Don't forget the Whitman mini comics from the late 60's/early 70's that were expensive now you can buy them by the case.

I bet there will be a huge warehouse find of these in the future. Nabisco is a multi-billion dollar company that sells a lot of product to the American public even if they felt that 1% of their customers actually were to paricipate in the campaign you are still looking into the thousands.

I think that warehouse was already found. I wonder if there was a Nabisco warehouse in Richmond, VA? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif