• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sanjulian Commissions - Super-Con June 2/3

12 posts in this topic

Don't remember if I mentioned it on this list but, since we've been talking Vampirella and Warren magazines lately, Sanjulian will be coming out for Super-Con in San Jose, CA on June 2/3. As part of the trip, he's doing pencil and oil painted commissions. Some of the ones he's done so far are posted in my CAF gallery: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=37927.

If anyone has any questions, they can e-mail me directly at smorger@comcast.net. He won't be doing the oil paintings for much longer since he'll need time to finish them before he comes out. Whether interested in a commission or not, check out the art. It's very nice. Best, Steve Morger.

hail.gif

Damn taxes always when I want a piece of art!!!!! foreheadslap.gif

Sanjulian cloud9.gif

Heck, he's not here until June 2. Gives you more than enough time to save up. smile.gif

Good Point! Will he be bringing any artwork with him for sale or just stuff that got commissioned?

I don't know for sure but I have strongly suggested that he bring other art for sale. I don't know that he was sure how many people would remember him at a comic convention since his "comic" work (covers only) was so long ago. Given the flood of commission requests (there are a number more in the pipeline and a few that the owner hasn't given me the permission to post yet), I think he now knows that he will be quite popular at Super-Con. smile.gif

The pricing was his and did not make the normal distinction between "one character" and "two characters" for pricing. He gave himself the range of "$500-$800" for pencils pieces (at 11 by 14, not 17) and "$3,000-$5,000" to deal with any really complicated requests that he wanted to do. So far, every single commission has come in that the low range ($500 for pencil and $3,000 for oil painting).

Payment would go to me to hold until he gets here. That way it avoids any issue of paying in advance without getting the art (since I'd refund your money if that ever happened) or of him finishing the art and not getting paid (since I would have his payment). He'll be bringing the art with him to Super-Con in San Jose on June 2/3 so you'll be able to pick up the art there or I can ship after the show. But both of you will know that art and money are safe.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks for the info Steve!