• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy is #1!!!

84 posts in this topic

Article from today's CGC News eletter:

Comics Registry Review: April 2007

There are dozens of reasons why collectors participate in the Registry. One of the main reasons we hear from almost every participant is that they enjoy sharing their comic books with other collectors. In the Registry, collectors can see how many people have looked at their set through a simple feedback tool, the View Counter. Every time someone looks at your set, the count increases by one view.

The number of people looking at sets is considerable. Consider this statistic: the top 100 most viewed sets (as of April 10, 2007) have a combined total of over 100,000 views. The single most viewed set in the Comics Registry is greggy's sweet DC 100 pagers! with 4,628 views! It's a nearly complete set of DC 100 Page Books, including 112 books out of 115 slots in the set with an average CGC grade of nearly 9.6. Certainly the impressive grades and overall level of completion of this set merits its many views. It separates itself from the pack, however, by including so many pictures. Of the 112 books, 111 have front cover photos, and all 112 have written descriptions.

It's a Registry truism that the more photos and descriptions you include, the more viewers you get. greggy has earned the Most Viewed Set by taking the extra step of adding images and descriptions. A few other collectors enter this vaunted Most Viewed status through their superb set presentation. Ghost Town's Spideys is the third most viewed set with 3,343 views, and to no surprise of the 359 books included, all 359 are imaged. Another set worthy of mention here is Littleweasel's Spawn Collection. This entry in the Spawn #1-#50 set shares the point and completion lead with 42 books, each one with front and back images and written descriptions. This set has 1,693 views.

If it's important to share your collection, add images and descriptions. Your View Counter will measure your progress. To get you inspired, here's a list of some view-worthy collections:

Views Owner Set Name Images

4629 greggy DC 100 Page Books 111

3342 Ghost Town Spideys 359

1876 4_my_3_kids My son Chris's favorite Iron Mans 307

1693 Littleweasel Littleweasel's Spawn Collection 42

1194 Ultimate Spider Man Fan Boy Ultimate Peter Parker: The working man's CGC set 55

1139 Ghost Town Those Darn Cosmic Rays! 224

960 Ghost Town Avengers Reassembled 213

580 Rosland Books Of The Vishanti 62

390 Doctor Watson All New All Different X-men 46

And don't forget, the 2nd Annual Registy Awards are just around the corner. Register your comics on or before June 30, 2007 to automatically be considered for an award.

What three are missing? 112 out of 115. And are you pursuing them?
Unexptected 161, World's Finest 228, and Young Love 114. The WF will be filled when I finally grade a copy. The other 2 are harder to find so I'll to be patient.

Here's hoping he can only find them at triple book value...

poke2.gifdevil.gif

27_laughing.gif I can see greggy having an Ian Levine moment... grin.gif

poke2.gifdevil.gif

Triple book for 2 of the 3 would be a steal so confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gifdevil.gif

27_laughing.gif I can see greggy having an Ian Levine moment... grin.gif

But with less whining and more gremlins. headbang.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifyay.gif