• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Guide Prediction Thread

26 posts in this topic

pursuant to the other thread listing Overstreets top 30 Marvels, lets see some guesses as to what increases Bob published for the new Guide coming out very soon. Heres the list with 2006 prices in 9.2, and my guesses.

Remember we have to guess Bob's 9.2 prices: Have fun! Might make a good contest!

1) AF#15 $43,000......48,000

2) FF#1 $36,000.......40,000

3) ASM#1 $33,500....35,000

4) Hulk#1 $26,000....30,000

5) X-Men#1 $15,000.....18,500

6) J.I.M.#83 $11,000....12,500

7) T.O.S.#39 $ 9,500....10,500

8) FF#5 $ 7,800 ........8200

9) FF#2 $ 7,700 .........8100

10) T.O.A.#27 $ 7,500 ....7900

11) ASM#2 $ 7,300 ....... 7600

12) Avengers#1 $ 6,000 ....6700

13) FF#4 $ 5,800 .......6000

14) ASM#3 $ 5,300 .....5500

15) FF#3 $ 5,300 .......5500

16) Hulk#2 $ 5,200....nc

17) FF#12 $ 4,250 .....5000

18) ASM#4 $ 4,200.....4500

19) Hulk#6 $ 3,600....nc

20) ASM#14 $ 3,500 ....nc

21) ASM#5 $ 3,500 ....3800

22) ASM#6 $ 3,200 ....3500

23) T.T.A.#35 $ 3,200 .....3300

24) X-Men#2 $ 3,100 ....3300

25) J.I.M.#84 $ 3,000 ....3300

26) Hulk#3 $ 3,000.... nc

27) T.O.S.#40 $ 2,950 .....3250

28) Hulk#4 $ 2,800 .....nc

29) Hulk#5 $ 2,800.....nc

30) Avengers#4 $ 2,700 .....2900

All prices will go up 5% to 10%.

Bargain bin books will still state cover price or higher.

Many keys will still be over/underpriced in the guide, not in line with present prices realized.

Many keys will still be over/underpriced in the guide, not in line with present prices realized.

news.gif You do know the guide only goes up to 9.2 gossip.gif

All the major disparity happens primarily from 9.4 up, so this statement is running a little out of date.

The guide serves a purpose, and to reflect CGC prices it does not, nor is it intended to.

Just as it's been every year. thumbsup2.gif

I predict there will a monumental warehaouse

find with tons and tons of 9.4s and 9.6s of these very books

making the 9.2s pretty much cannon fodder...

insane.gif

I am willing to pay 10% guide for any of them before they are worthless wink.gif

I agree with the overal 4-10% INCREASES IN GENERAL, BUT STICKING WITH JUST THE LIST OF 30 MARVEL KEYS I found myself going higher or lower than that based on th eparticular book. But overall, yeah, I was just adding a few hundred or thousand to each as I went along. Just like Bob!

. i'm going w/ 4% on average.

FOUR PERCENT!!

Suck on that, Wall Street!

Maybe Overstreet should put out a stocks and commodities guide, too. Prices updated every year, and when there's an absolute effing all-out boom like there is now in comics, your stocks will go up in the guide FOUR PERCENT.*

Wooo Hooooooooo!

*Assuming, of course, you don't buy your stocks "retail" and sell 'em "wholesale"

FOUR PERCENT!!

Maybe Overstreet should put out a stocks and commodities guide, too. Prices updated every year, and when there's an absolute effing all-out boom like there is now in comics, your stocks will go up in the guide FOUR PERCENT.*

Wooo Hooooooooo!

*Assuming, of course, you don't buy your stocks "retail" and sell 'em "wholesale"

I am not a big fan of Overstreet and his valuation methods, however your constant criticism/scarcasm regarding Overstreet and the way they price the comics in the guide is getting a tad old. If you don't like how they price comics in their guide, don't buy it. thumbsup2.gif

FOUR PERCENT!!

Wooo Hooooooooo!

I am not a big fan of Overstreet and his valuation methods, however your constant criticism/scarcasm regarding Overstreet and the way they price the comics in the guide is getting a tad old. If you don't like how they price comics in their guide, don't buy it. thumbsup2.gif

I think everyone here agrees that OS is a great resource, but as "the price guide" it hasn't quite caught up with the times, those times being Internet-speed information gathering and communications capacities.

If OS had a willingness to:

1. raise prices dramatically when necessary (like for Daredevil 131);

2. lower prices dramatically when necessary (like Green Lantern 59),

and 3. Reflect that many comics have nominal value,

those changes would give the book a lot more credibility.

It's OS's credibility we're really going after, not its value as a resource.

But if you really like OS as it is, I have a box or two of moder books I'll sell you at half-guide. Free shipping!

FOUR PERCENT!!

Wooo Hooooooooo!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Prices updated every year, and when there's an absolute effing all-out boom like there is now in comics...

That's one that's passed me by...

If by 'an absolute effing all-out boom', you mean 'loads and loads of book in 9.2 or below not even reaching their 2003 prices', well... thumbsup2.gif

OK, every year for at least the last ten, I’ve heard the same old gripes regarding how ‘out of touch’ OS price rises are. Same story every year.

Now, if that were actually the case, the situation would have been compounded over the last ten years, yes? If OS gives a 5% rise annually, but the market is actually showing a 20% rise, the compounded differentials would by now be quite staggering, yes? Wouldn't we’d have, let’s say, an FF #30 in 9.0 Guiding at $275, but actually selling for…oh, I don’t know…three trillion dollars? confused-smiley-013.gif

Astoundingly, though, whilst Guide says $275 in this example, GPA says $246. 893whatthe.gif

Now, how the hell could that have happened… yeahok.gif