• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice Society vs Justice league

26 posts in this topic

As far as the 2 new series are concerned, which do you guys like better?

I have to give it to the JSA so far. Every issue so far has been a real page turner. I have always preferred the League as far as the characters go, but the first JSA arc was just some good reading! One area that the League book is better is the art. Ed Benes is incredible. It loses points by focusing so much on the Red Tornado. He's interesting, but it is the Justice League, and not Red Tornado Adventure Time. I honestly like both, but right now JSA is a 9, and JLA is a 7.

What do you all think?

JSA for me.

I see Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in nearly every other book. It's the ole' Marvel problem of putting Spider-man and Wolverine in nearly every book (okay, maybe not AS bad). I love the old characters and Johns does them up pretty well.

I'm not all that thrilled about the new young girl character (forgetting her name) in JSA. A little silly. But we'll see how she develops.

On a side note, it seems a bit too early to have a JSA/JLA crossover. Both just got started and now they are crossing over.

Pat

I'm not all that thrilled about the new young girl character (forgetting her name) in JSA. A little silly. But we'll see how she develops.

cyclone I beleive

outta the gates, I'm going with JSA.

their first issues were tight, well written and seemed to have a purpose.

JLA, the first 7 issues...really seemed to drag on and...though I love Red Tornado..I don't think he really should have been the focus essentially for the first 7 issues.

I've never been a big fan of Supes, Bats or Wonder Bra and Arsenal/Red Arrow is pretty low on my list as well.

Always enjoy BC and Vixen though. And of course, GL.

I agree that it is too early for the cross-over. I think somewhere in the 2nd year would have been better

JSA 4

JLA 0

Who's gonna be the opposing opinion? I feel like the book is good enough that someone should prefer it. I guess it's early, but JSA is taking this so far......

I'm just glad she (cyclone) doesn't have a pot on her head.

dude, you would be all over Red Tornado Adventure Time like Jeff on pocket kings, and don't think for one second that we all don't realise this

I agree that it is too early for the cross-over. I think somewhere in the 2nd year would have been better

Because Meltzer is a huge 1970s JLA fanboy and he's only writing JLA for a year-- I'm sure a JLA/JSA xover was part of the deal going in for him.

Add me to the list of people favoring JSA. The good news is Johns is I believe collaborating with Meltzer on the cross-over, so it should be a bit more readable. Also, they are throwing in the Cockrum/Grell era Legion of Super-Heroes, so I'm there. (I'm a 1970s JLA fanboy too... cloud9.gif)

dude, you would be all over Red Tornado Adventure Time like Jeff on pocket kings, and don't think for one second that we all don't realise this

Red Tornado adventure Time #1......Actually i think i WOULD have to buy that based on the stupidity of the title. Speaking of the pocket Kings, are you coming to the next game?

And since you're posting here, do you read either book? (JLA/JSA) I figure you would have ran out of Barbie Fashion issues to read by now, so i though i would ask....

In the second year there will be the multiverse issue to deal with so its now or never

JSA 4

JLA 0

Who's gonna be the opposing opinion? I feel like the book is good enough that someone should prefer it. I guess it's early, but JSA is taking this so far......

I'm just glad she (cyclone) doesn't have a pot on her head.

Put me down for JLA. While it has had a slow start, it is still more interesting to me than any JSA title. I don't care for any of the characters in JSA. confused-smiley-013.gif

Red Tornado adventure Time #1......Actually i think i WOULD have to buy that based on the stupidity of the title. Speaking of the pocket Kings, are you coming to the next game?

And since you're posting here, do you read either book? (JLA/JSA) I figure you would have ran out of Barbie Fashion issues to read by now, so i though i would ask....

about 75% sure i'm coming. someone has to keep you fools in line at the tables.

you should pitch your RTAT idea to DC. i think it has a real chance of making it!

nice comment about the Barbie Fashion books. by my remembering, only one of us was buying up Barbie comics at Heroes like they were going out of style, and it wasn't me!

i don't read moderns, as a general rule. less money to spend on sweet midgrade second- and third-tier silver age DCs if i start dropping 4 bucks on a book i'll forget about six seconds after i read it

nice comment about the Barbie Fashion books. by my remembering, only one of us was buying up Barbie comics at Heroes like they were going out of style, and it wasn't me!

i don't read moderns, as a general rule. less money to spend on sweet midgrade second- and third-tier silver age DCs if i start dropping 4 bucks on a book i'll forget about six seconds after i read it

Alright ya busted me. It wasn't the far inferior Barbie Fashion i was getting, but the main Barbie title. It's light years ahead of Barbie Fashion.

As to not reading moderns you are probably ALOT better off sticking to the older stuff. I have a $20-$50 a week habit. I probably only enjoy about 25% of what i read. Out of all the books probably there are probably about 7-8 books that i REALLY look forward to.

JLA and JSA both fall into the 25% category for me currently, and JSA is one of my top look forward to books. They are both great , so that's why i started this thread.

So the current score is:

JSA 4

JLA 2

First one to 10 is the winnah!!!!

JSA is the only modern I am reading right now since I dropped hex. I really am enjoying it. I tried to pick up JLA a few times, but I hate the art, so I haven't been able to actually read one. Looks too much like Travis Charest, who I also didn't care for.

JSA 6

JLA 3

I really enjoyed the new issue of JLA from last week. If Benes leaves, that artist (name escapes me at the moment) would be a fine replacement. The Turner cover was not one of his better ones. I don't really care for his Batman. Most of his other stuff is great though.

It seems that everyone is over it, so i'm calling it. JSA wins 6-3.

Anyone from the Justice Society that wants to claim their prize please contact me via the snow signal. Nuff said! (unless there's more 27_laughing.gif )

***activates snow signal***