• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help finding something

13 posts in this topic

Been looking everywhere for a source for fortress type cases, and just can't seem to find them. Am I searching under the wrong name for them? just bought a minor GA key, and don't own a box it will fit in with the snug and mylar/fullback combo, so I figured it would look nice in a fortress. If they aren't available in stores I would be happy to purchase one from a boardie as well. smile.gif

I do not believe Fortress holders are manufactured anymore. Your best bet may be to put the book upside down into a Golden Age Mylite2 with a Golden Age Full Back, then put that entire package so that the book is facing right side up into a Super Golden Age size 4 mil mylar Archive sleeve. Then store the book in one of those small archival boxes like the last two links on this page here.

The Fortresses have not been made for many years. A WTB request or eBay search is probably the best way to obtain one.

Perhaps I will just go with a nice frame or something then, as I intend to display it. but I will consider picking up one of those boxes until I get enough GA to make storing them in an acid free short box worthwhile. Will also consider the WTB thread if it doesn't look good in the frame though.

My comic room has no outside light, so UV shielding shouldn't be necessary as long as the framing materials are archival right?

hello all...

comicdey used to be the distributor for pedrin (fortress) up in Alaska years ago....last year, he hooked me up with about 20 GA fortress, and since then, I have used about 10 of them, and, gulp!, given away a few of them to some board members...unfortunately, at this point, I can't "give" any more way (some of them had books like tec 27, or allstar 3 in them) as I anticipate using the last few I have...so, I would recommend sending a PM to comicdey to see if he has any for sale, and if he doesn't , send me a PM and I will part with one more at my cost, for you smile.gif

rick

hello all...

comicdey used to be the distributor for pedrin (fortress) up in Alaska years ago....last year, he hooked me up with about 20 GA fortress, and since then, I have used about 10 of them, and, gulp!, given away a few of them to some board members...unfortunately, at this point, I can't "give" any more way (some of them had books like tec 27, or allstar 3 in them) as I anticipate using the last few I have...so, I would recommend sending a PM to comicdey to see if he has any for sale, and if he doesn't , send me a PM and I will part with one more at my cost, for you smile.gif

rick

893applaud-thumb.gif that's a great gesture Rick. thumbsup2.gif

Perhaps I will just go with a nice frame or something then, as I intend to display it. but I will consider picking up one of those boxes until I get enough GA to make storing them in an acid free short box worthwhile. Will also consider the WTB thread if it doesn't look good in the frame though.

My comic room has no outside light, so UV shielding shouldn't be necessary as long as the framing materials are archival right?

I always worry about lighting as even fluorescents or indirect sunlight will harm a book over time. Ernie Gerber showed a while back that even most UV protecting materials didn't stop the wavelengths that were most likely to cause trouble. That may have changed, but I don't like taking chances. I do occasionally have books out and about when I'm working/surfing, but I make a habit to put them back in a drawer until the next time I want to appreciate them.

hello all...

rick

did you see rick's post about florida's multiple national championships?

i have a gesture for rick.

hello all...

rick

Which finger will you tell him he is #1 with?

hello all...

rick

I was thinking more along the lines of "bowing down to his master " gesture poke2.gif

hello all...

rick

Ricky,

Be nice. San Jac still loves ya !

Phil