• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone actually buy comics from Mile High??

42 posts in this topic

Just wondering. I got out of comic books in about 98, and recently started collecting again.

That being said....are they out of their minds? Their prices are marked up sometimes as much as 10X guide value for raw low grades. Am I the only one saying WTF are they thinking? Harley Yee is up there with his prices, but even HE is not that absurd in his asking prices.

Not to mention, it cracks me up when you see some of the books listed on their site "on sale" for 5X guide value. I can even understand marking a comic up 2-3 times guide, because it is extremely rare, or extremely high grade, but come on. This is the case with nearly EVERY comic book they have. You can go right down the internet highway, to Metropolis, and find a bigger selection, with prices at guide, or below it.

I know one thing, the comic marketplace has changed a LOT since I have been away. If I remember correctly, they used to have pretty decent prices. Now it seems like they are on drugs or something.

Chuck has a stellar rep on these boards.

Do a search and see for yourself. tongue.gif

I would sure hope so, with those prices.

Like I said, do a search...... devil.gif

I believe you, I don't doubt you a bit. Why, is my question? I just don't understand how someone could pay those prices for those books...maybe I am out of my mind.

I believe you, I don't doubt you a bit. Why, is my question? I just don't understand how someone could pay those prices for those books...maybe I am out of my mind.

hi.gif

Chuck's latest e-mail notified everyone that his twice weekly e-mails are now increasing to three times a week so we don't miss any of his great discounted deals... sleeping.gif

I'm thinking his sales are starting to slip and he needs the extra immediate bumps in traffic his site gets after sending the e-mails. That or he needs extra cash to buy asparagus seedlings for this summer's Farmer Market... insane.gif

Jim

You and me both.

When I first got back into collecting. Mile High was the only shop I remembered (due to their ads in older books). I bought a few books from their website (again, recalling the old ads) and returned them immediately for a full refund due to undergrading. I've since been banned from buying. confused-smiley-013.gif

They are a good source for books 1980-present, but I would never buy anything older. Buy from someone that can grade acurately, like Bob Storms or Metro.

-Chris (banned since 2002) smile.gif

You and me both.

When I first got back into collecting. Mile High was the only shop I remembered (due to their ads in older books). I bought a few books from their website (again, recalling the old ads) and returned them immediately for a full refund due to undergrading. I've since been banned from buying. confused-smiley-013.gif

They are a good source for books 1980-present, but I would never buy anything older. Buy from someone that can grade acurately, like Bob Storms or Metro.

lol, banned from buying, now thats funny.

Like I said, maybe I am crazy (or both of us for that matter).

Chrisco37 was being facetious. Mile High gets ripped on here regularly.

Angelo

You and me both.

Oops! I meant overgrading. blush.gif What a maroon. foreheadslap.gif

i've bought two books from MH in the past year. both slabbed, both old blue labels, both at ~70% off of Chuck's ridiculous prices, both with free shipping.

so i paid basically guide for a couple of sweet SA slabs w/no shipping.

i would never buy raw from MH unless it was a book i could not find anywhere else, and only if i needed a VG or so copy

i've bought two books from MH in the past year. both slabbed, both old blue labels, both at ~70% off of Chuck's ridiculous prices, both with free shipping.

so i paid basically guide for a couple of sweet SA slabs w/no shipping.

i would never buy raw from MH unless it was a book i could not find anywhere else, and only if i needed a VG or so copy

Exactly my method with MH. I have received some good deals on slabs, but never buy raw (unless for readers). I will also pick up TPBs when he has a decent sale (like right now) and get them shipped free. thumbsup2.gif

Does anyone actually buy comics from Mile High??

Once yes...but rarely twice.

27_laughing.gif

Just browsing his site, gives me the 'WTF! foreheadslap.gif'.

Actually I could use his site to curb my spending habbit's.

If I feel the urge coming on... off to MH I go thumbsup2.gif