• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips for signature series Philadelphia

9 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Going Wizard World in Philadelphia this year and was wondering if anyone

had any good ideas of what I should bring to signed and graded?

Never been to any of these things before, would like to get something signed by Quesada, Bendis and maybe Humberto Ramos.

Appreciate any ideas 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-T

Are you into getting stuff cgc graded under the signature series label? there's always nice stuff to be had when going that route and more preparation is required if you want the nicest grades possible.

I dont think I'll be sending any books with anyone to take down to Philly, but if you do want to get books signed, I'd suggest making a plan for yourself - who must you absolutely see vs. who can you cope with not going to.

if you're getting stuff graded, i'd recommend you make windows in your bags for your comics (cut out large squares in the plastic) so that handling of the books is minmized by the creators.

if you're just getting signatures, put 3/4 books in a SA bag and board to reduce weight and for ease of taking books out and laying them on the table to get signed. try not to let writers/artists pick up the book and sign them. they can be pretty rough. just slide the books over to them if you can.

in terms of what you should bring, it's all your own preference.

Yeah the stuff I'll bring to be signed I'll also get graded under the signature series label..

Thanks for the tips with windows in the comic bags =) I've seen a 10.0 signature series on ebay I belive, couldn't have been handled much.

With suggestions what to bring I was just looking for some input on cool stuff that Bendis, Quesada and maybe Kubert also has made as I'm not that familiar with which artis has done what..

Is it hard to get two signatures on one comic? More trouble for cgc to witness? Longer waiting time?

Hi all.

Going Wizard World in Philadelphia this year and was wondering if anyone

had any good ideas of what I should bring to signed and graded?

Never been to any of these things before, would like to get something signed by Quesada, Bendis and maybe Humberto Ramos.

Appreciate any ideas 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-T

Make sure you stop by the booth before you get your books signed And we are doing On-site Moderns there, so you can save on shipping. The books should be done by the end of the show.

Yeah the stuff I'll bring to be signed I'll also get graded under the signature series label..

Thanks for the tips with windows in the comic bags =) I've seen a 10.0 signature series on ebay I belive, couldn't have been handled much.

With suggestions what to bring I was just looking for some input on cool stuff that Bendis, Quesada and maybe Kubert also has made as I'm not that familiar with which artis has done what..

Is it hard to get two signatures on one comic? More trouble for cgc to witness? Longer waiting time?

make sure that you get a cgc certified witness to witness the books you get done. nothing would be worse for you to get the books signed only to realize they were not witnessed and no longer qualify for that coveted ss label

it's not harder for a witness to get multiple sigs on a book, just depends if they can or not.

Yeah I'll remember that, thnx =)

I'm thinking about bringing Wolverine Origins #10 claw variant cover and get it signed by Quesada. It's an awesome cover! =)

Also maybe Ultimate Fantastic Four #1 and get it signed by Bendis and Kubert..

What is the fee for getting a signature series graded comic? I know on-site grading is $22, but it's higher right?

-T

On-site SS is $34 (extra fees may apply if you get mult. sigs where the creators are in different areas). Regular would be $27 + shipping (cheapest shipping is $8, which makes it $35 total). On-Site SS is still the way to go.

I really suggest that anyone that hasn't read the "Thread for Questions about Signature Series" take some time to read that. Sure there's some comedy in there in between the real questions, but many of these questions have been answered before. Also, if you have any NEW questions, that's a great place to ask them and the information will benefit your fellow collectors in the future.