• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool comic buying experience!!

40 posts in this topic

6.6 L, with turbo 400 tranny?

Don't you know better than to mention the word tranny on this board. foreheadslap.gif

It's been said twice already. 893naughty-thumb.gif Geez, say it one more time and Greggy shows up. Let's not have that.

Tell you the truth - I saw a lot of Wolverines, Web of Spidermans, Images and other classic issues. I may go back and offer her $0.10/comic since they are all in fairly new bags/boards and try and sell the comics in batches and keep the bags/boards for free. Problem is I never need modern sized bags. maybe I can sell them for $.05 per bag/board combo. I should be able to make more than $.05/comic even for recent stuff.

sounds like she wanted a couple young strawng mens over to her place for a little slap-and-tickle. comics being the most likely bait to work, i guess

Oh the tears... I can't stop laughing 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

DEATHLOK

How many Astonishing Tales #25 do you own now?

Oh, if I had an Astonshing Tales 25 for every time I've been asked that question.

quite a few (I've lost count)

DEATHLOK

Oh, if I had an Astonshing Tales 25 for every time I've been asked that question.

DEATHLOK

How many Astonishing Tales #26 do you own now? tongue.gif

Death Machine for Hire!

DEATHLOK

DEATHLOK

How many Astonishing Tales #26 do you own now? tongue.gif

Death Machine for Hire!

Okay, now you have to give me a Green River AT25. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Have the mechanic lined up for later this week. I have to do some research but it looks like I might be buying the car if the mechanic gives it the ok. Can't beat a all-original muscle car that run great for $3,000 in my book.

Make sure he checks it over good for RUST....really good especially in the rear quarters, trunk, etc.

...and don't tell him the price you're paying. Ask him what he thinks it might be worth after he gives it a good look, and if he asks you how much you're paying, just lie. Add a couple grand to the price.

I would also haggle with the owner. Start at 2K and work your way up to 2500. I'm sure your mechanic will have a laundry list of problems with the car (even if they're minor). That is always a great bargaining tool. That or tell her to throw in some free comics!!!

Be sure and post some pics once you've got it.

Well, I bought the car for $3,000!! Took it to a mechanic and it got a clean bill of health. The car has some rust damage to one door and some slight rust to the underside of the entire car - so its never going to be cherry. But you can see how nice it looks and I have already had offers of $5,000 from co-workers!! May drive it for a couple months and then flip it for highest bid:)

oh, that me after rolling out of bed. I really do look like Brad Pitt when I take a shower in the morning. Really!!

Trans_Am_003.jpg

I would flip it now for the 5K. Pontiac was notorious for rust,

transmission, and engine problems ( especially with the 400 ).

I loved the '78 Firebird I had with T-tops, electric everything,

and a small V-8. Then at 60,000 Mi. all kinds of problems happened.

Springs went bad, shocks, leaking t-tops, weather stripping, leaf springs....

I know it looks pretty cool ( though I liked the 77-78, and 61&1/2 better ).

So flip man, flip it. At 77,000 you don't have must left of her.