• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

30 posts in this topic

I get this message today from one of my recent eBay customers...

I just recieved my books today and I am very happy with your packaging and delivery time.However I do have one issue.One of the CGC holders seems to be missing the fixture on the inside of the holder that keeps the comic square in the holder.I do not want a refund but rather an exchange.You will see what I am talking about as soon as you see this holder.Pleas contact me as soon as you can and I will send it back immediatly.Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Um... confused-smiley-013.gif

I just recieved my books today and I am very happy with your packaging and delivery time.However I do have one issue.One of the CGC holders seems to be missing the fixture on the inside of the holder that keeps the comic square in the holder.I do not want a refund but rather an exchange.You will see what I am talking about as soon as you see this holder.Pleas contact me as soon as you can and I will send it back immediatly.Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Get it reholdered for $11.

Refund his money...unless you want to go to all the trouble and time of reholdering...

Jim

Him or me? confused-smiley-013.gif

This is a $30 comic we are talking about...

I would suggest he reholder it if he wants it to appear better. After all he is buying the comic not the holder. The value of the book shouldn't matter.

Is he talking about the optional wedge?

That seems to be a CGC issue. Was the auction holder showing a slab that has the wedge in it? You'd think they'd all have it or none. (or did his comic shift during transport so it's not completely vertical?)

Him or me? confused-smiley-013.gif

This is a $30 comic we are talking about...

It'll be a $60 comic if he gets it reholdered....$11 for reholder, $18 for return shipping, plus shipping it to FL.....

Is he refering to a book without that extra piece of gap-filler plastic, or the new style without the hard edge inner well?

I'd probably check his feedback to determine if he's reasonable, then offer him a partial refund of $15 (to offset his reholdering cost, if he chooses to send it to CGC), let him keep the book.

A reasonable customer would understand it's a CGC holder issue outside of your control. You'ld lose $15, but make a customer happy he did business with you.

Actually I offer a return (less postage) regardless...

What's weird is this... He bought two CGC books, both were graded in the last month. One he says has this item, the other doesn't. Near as I can tell he doesn't have a scanner...

i wouldnt even refund anything. thats how cgc encapsulated the book. theres nothing missing. nothing wrong. thats how it is.

eventually when he accumulates more cgc'ed books, he'll realize that and you would've gone to all that trouble for nothing.

What's weird is this... He bought two CGC books, both were graded in the last month. One he says has this item, the other doesn't. Near as I can tell he doesn't have a scanner...

Is there any rhyme or reason for which books get the newer style holder?

Looking at Alwaysbronze's X-Men 94's...the one signed Jan 07 got put in an old style holder, the one signed last year July 06 sits in the new style. confused-smiley-013.gif

i would drive to the guy's house and stomp a mud hole in him for wasting my time, but then again, i haven't had the best week ever. so i might be out of line here

Lighthouse....do what the customer wants you to do to fix the problem. If you can't replace it, offer a refund if he returns the comic. I've learned in my personal business, you look after the customer...no matter what...he'll come back for more.

And, it's not only looking after the problem, but how you look after it. Be freindly and supportive and let him know he's important. Certainly you will run into a few people who seem to have a problem with everything you sell them...those you can eventually leave alone. But, if you start looking after the problem to the customer's satisfaction, he'll keep being a customer. Again, let them know they are important. It's not Rocket Science and it pays dividends down the road.

Trust me...it works..but somehow I think you already know that. thumbsup2.gif

I just recieved two books from a seller that were both BA Marvels sent in at the same time - one with the edge flap and one without it. I don't know what determines which books get them and which don't.

I'd kindly explain the different types of holdering CGC performs on different books to this buyer. You may want to steal some of the scans here to send him for an example. Then, if he is still not satisfied, tell him the best you can do is a return and refund.