• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Survivor cost me this piece tonight !!!

11 posts in this topic

I meant to bid and win this piece tonight...heck I was planning on bidding just over a $1,000 to make sure I get it. I sit down with my whole family at 8:00 like I always do, cuddle in front of the television and I totally forget about everything. Of course until the credits roll, and then I come back to reality and start cursing myself!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sal-Buscema-Spectacu...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm so stupid...I hate reality T.V.

Jim

I meant to bid and win this piece tonight...heck I was planning on bidding just over a $1,000 to make sure I get it. I sit down with my whole family at 8:00 like I always do, cuddle in front of the television and I totally forget about everything. Of course until the credits roll, and then I come back to reality and start cursing myself!!!

Jim

Ouch! I'm sure the seller hates reality TV too now. Remind me never to schedule my auctions during prime time.

Jim

You've got nothing to lose by contacting the winning bidder and offering him the $1,000. I can't imagine too many sane people passing up an opportunity to tripple their investment, but, then again, when it comes to original art ;-}

Anyway, if he's not interested in selling, politely inquire about trading. Sometimes trade can pry a piece out of a persons hand that they would not otherwise part with. Even if you don't have the trade that he wants, at the very least, you can do your best to find it.

Good luck and I hope that you can eventually acquire the splash.

Best,

Jim

You've got nothing to lose by contacting the winning bidder and offering him the $1,000. I can't imagine too many sane people passing up an opportunity to tripple their investment, but, then again, when it comes to original art ;-}

Anyway, if he's not interested in selling, politely inquire about trading. Sometimes trade can pry a piece out of a persons hand that they would not otherwise part with. Even if you don't have the trade that he wants, at the very least, you can do your best to find it.

Good luck and I hope that you can eventually acquire the splash.

Best,

I was going to suggest the same thing Jeff. I have done this in the past and it's worked out well about 75% of the time...

Heh, this has happened to me before too. Missing out on an auction because I was busy doing something else and forgot about it.

In fact Christmas Eve there was a super nice Mignola Superman page on ebay that I wanted. Who ends auctions on Christmas Eve?! Needless to say I was at a family gathering and forgot about it until way too late. When I saw what it finished for, I would've bid higher. yeahok.gif

But I don't have any O/A of the Goblins backside ...BTW even though the description says Hobby....psst it's Gobby smile.gif His death issue as a matter of fact.

Jim

sign-funnypost.gifpoke2.gif

Hope you can get it for your collection. I saw this piece as I like to collect Spidey and Hobby, but didnt bid. I did however lose out on a Web of Spideman page recntly! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Jim

tonofbricks.gif