• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby Rawhide Kid art day!

12 posts in this topic

Just picked this piece up, sorry for the dark pic (will reshoot it later with more light).

Kirby Western art is really growing on me. It's detailed, dynamic, and action-packed -- everything you want from piece of Kirby art! I especially liked the use of the long vs tall panels. cloud9.gif

Kudos to Roger Clark thumbsup2.gif

RawhideKid25.jpg

Just picked this piece up, sorry for the dark pic (will reshoot it later with more light).

Kirby Western art is really growing on me. It's detailed, dynamic, and action-packed -- everything you want from piece of Kirby art! I especially liked the use of the long vs tall panels. cloud9.gif

RawhideKid25.jpg

I tell ya Kirby is the best! Look at how much action those few panels have. Super sweet. thumbsup2.gif

Great piece, Steve! You didn't happen to get the bug from seeing jimm94's page at WonderCon, did you?:)

Congrats again!

gossip.gif I helped talk Jimm94 into buying that page at Wondercon! acclaim.gif

Or maybe more like sumo.gif since he's gonna be addicted to OA now! 27_laughing.gif

His is a spectacular page and I'm really glad he got it.

headbang.gif

RawhideKid25.jpg

really cool! great action

Agreed -- definitely one of the better Western pages I've seen. The layout is unusual for Kirby -- it's actually more of a classic Infantino layout of 3 horizontal panels and 3 vertical panels.