• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

We really need a official Legion of Super Heroes thread to post and discuss all things Legion! I really don't want to limit the discussion or posts to just silver age stuff as the Legion has a history longer than any Marvel hero and is being published still. Let's start this in the silver age forums, since the Legion started there.

I will kick it off with my copy of Adventure 267, the Legions 2nd appearance. I am hoping Ian or Tim will grace us with one (or both!) of their beautiful copies of Adventure 247.

I have nearly a complete Legion collection (all the way to present) so you won't see me being shy!

Let the posting begin!

adv267.jpg

It's funny, I've always liked the Legion and collected them in the early 80's when the title went to "Legion Of Superheroes" with #259 I believe. I loved the times I would get to read the older stories also. But, it never made an impression on my Want List radar. Perhaps, when the JLA run is done, I'll mix Avengers & Legion into the list more.

Good thread to start.

We really need a official Legion of Super Heroes thread to post and discuss all things Legion!

What, did you run out of Jimmy Olsens to post? poke2.gif

Great idea for a thread, since the Legion are one of my very favorite runs and a title that I'm still actively collecting. I also like the idea of transcending comic eras and showing everything Legion from SA to modern. We've been successful in doing that in the Duck thread in the GA forum, which thus far has included everything from the early 1930s to the 1970s.

I am hoping Ian or Tim will grace us with one (or both!) of their beautiful copies of Adventure 247.

How can I resist an invitation like that! grin.gif

adventure247.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Might as well post your "Ode to Adv 247" pic while you're at it.

What, did you run out of Jimmy Olsens to post? poke2.gif

devil.gif

jo76.jpg

JO #76 is such a great Elastic Lad (Legion related) cover and one of my two favorites along with #62. By the way, Silver, today is your JO#31 posting day - first Elastic Lad!

JimmyOlsen62.jpg

8th Legion appearance. Technically, this is an imaginary story (and the best one ever IMO) but the Legion appears and it is is still an early appearance, Overstreet denotes it as the 8th overall apperance of the Legion:

sm149.jpg

9th Legion appearance.

Since the Legion was still in it's early days each issue expanded on the team. This issue debuted Sun Boy and is the last 10 cent Legion appearance. Their next appearance is in Superboy 93, the first 12 cent issue of that title....and one I don't have scanned yet....who's gonna beat me to it? devil.gifpoke2.gif

adv290.jpg

I really don't want to limit the discussion or posts to just silver age stuff as the Legion has a history longer than any Marvel hero and is being published still.

I think the Sub-Mariner, Ka-Zar, Captain America and a few others would like a word with you out back. poke2.gif

West insane.gif