• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

Nostalgia alarms going off so loud that they're hurting my ears!

Not too many books have that effect. Why doesit have to be a comic book with a character named Gas Girl on the cover?

Jack

Here's another issue in the 320s. Just got it.

adventure324.jpg

Nostalgia alarms going off so loud that they're hurting my ears!

Not too many books have that effect. Why doesit have to be a comic book with a character named Gas Girl on the cover?

sign-funnypost.gif

Since this thread is intended to also include recent LSH appearances, I thought it might be cool to share a very recent (June 2007 issue) appearance of the classic Silver Age Legion. It is from Justice Society of America #5. Who knows if this storyline will turn out to be a head fake or not, but for now it looks like the classic LSH is back:

1803921-lsh2007.jpg

1803921-lsh2007.jpg.7105901a9e0de73cc42f3292d6469924.jpg

I've never seen that #403. I bought some Superboy & The Legion's today, but they are BA books. Maybe I'll scan them and start one in the BA section?

Nah, post 'em here! This thread cuts across time periods!

i've always loved this cover with the burning earth. it looks cool.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif not that i want the earth to burn or anything.

adventure_363.JPG

Better be careful lest his pajamas catch on fire.

Heritage had a 9.4 Jimmy Olsen #72 in the weekly auction that just ended and I totally forgot to put in a bid this morning! Christo_pull_hair.gif Who knows if I would have won, but at least I would have given it my best shot!

Heritage had a 9.4 Jimmy Olsen #72 in the weekly auction that just ended and I totally forgot to put in a bid this morning! Christo_pull_hair.gif Who knows if I would have won, but at least I would have given it my best shot!

I noticed those Northland Jimmy Olsen books. I remember back in spring of 1998 when this catalog arrived:

MotorCity98catalog.jpg

This was the first time I had heard of the Northland collection. Inside, were listed many runs from SA titles, all in high grade. I immediately called Marilyn Goldman at Motor City and ordered a LOT of the Northlands. Unfortunately, the guys were on the road with the books, currently at the Oakland show, and by the time Marilyn asked them to pull all these books for me, some of them had already been sold, including Legion x-over Olsens in the #70s.

I sort of regret not bidding on the #77 in the Heritage auction, as it went for such a low price and I have always had a fondness for that issue. What put me off was the right edge and its "Marvel" chipping at different spots. Still a beautiful copy.

#72, where Olsen becomes a Legion member, is one of those gem tales that so helps to enrich the whole Legion mythology.

#72, where Olsen becomes a Legion member, is one of those gem tales that so helps to enrich the whole Legion mythology.

tonofbricks.gif Rub it in some more, why don't you! 27_laughing.gif