• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exactly Whom would pay to slab THIS?

28 posts in this topic

Wizard seems to think they are the next big thing.

Shorter prints than their "First Print" brothers.

It will be the 30-35 cent price varient of the future.

Gareb commands you to buy your copies NOW! insane.gif

Wizard seems to think they are the next big thing.

Shorter prints than their "First Print" brothers.

It will be the 30-35 cent price varient of the future.

Gareb commands you to buy your copies NOW! insane.gif

Well, if the geniuses at Wizard think so, then it must be true! After all, they've been right on the money about everything else, right? stooges.gif

-Joe

Well, if the geniuses at Wizard think so, then it must be true! After all, they've been right on the money about everything else, right? stooges.gif

-Joe

Yes.

Be sure you store them between your 300 copies of Youngblood #1 and your extra copies of Plasm #1.

boo.gif

Be sure you store them between your 300 copies of Youngblood #1 and your extra copies of Plasm #1.

boo.gif

Last winter I used a couple of copies of Plasm and some other junk books as kindling in the fireplace when I ran out of newspaper. grin.gif

He started the bidding at $2.99 and even at the current price of $8.50 he's taking a big loss on the slabbing cost, postage down and back and the cost of the book. I think it was sent in by mistake and thought it was a first print

dave h

. I think it was sent in by mistake and thought it was a first print

Even then, is GA #1 worth slabbing? Unless it comes back 9.8 or better, I don't think it would be. You'd be lucky to recoup slabbing costs on anything lower.

Chris

He started the bidding at $2.99 and even at the current price of $8.50 he's taking a big loss on the slabbing cost, postage down and back and the cost of the book. I think it was sent in by mistake and thought it was a first print

yeah i noticed that.....cost of the slabbing would have been way over what this sold for.....maybe he got it for free from someone

Indicia has second printing noted at the very end of the last line smile.gif

Oh come on Darth... you can make it easier for the poor guy...

I guess it's been almost a year since the last time I gave my 2nd printing spiel... Must be time again...

On any mainstream comic with a UPC code, which includes all Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and Image, plus many small press titles, you can determine the printing without even opening the book.

Take the latest issue of Punisher, as an example:

UPC Code reads 59606 05113 03011

First set of five digits tells you who the publisher is. All Marvel books have 59606 here, all DC's have 61941, and so on. Next set of five digits tells you what the title is. Punisher is 05113, Hellblazer is 20066, and so on. Every issue of a title will have the same code. So every issue of this run of Punisher will start with 59606 05113...

The last set of five tells you which issue it is. First three digits are the issue number. In this case we have issue #30. The next digit tells you which cover this is. On 95+% of books this digit will be a 1, but when Marvel does their 2 covers of #2 you will see one cover with a 1 here and the other with a 2. The final digit tells you the printing number. Again on 99% of books this will be a 1. If it is a second print you will see a 2 here, and so on...

If your Green Arrow has 00111 as the last five digits, you know it's the first printing of the main cover of issue #1... If your Batgirl has 00112, you know it's a second printing of #1...

No need to open the book, no need to read the indicia... Learn this and you will save a lot of time in your back issue searches...

Indicia has second printing noted at the very end of the last line smile.gif

I guess it's been almost a year since the last time I gave my 2nd printing spiel... Must be time again...

On any mainstream comic with a UPC code, which includes all Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and Image, plus many small press titles, you can determine the printing without even opening the book.

Take the latest issue of Punisher, as an example:

UPC Code reads 59606 05113 03011

First set of five digits tells you who the publisher is. All Marvel books have 59606 here, all DC's have 61941, and so on. Next set of five digits tells you what the title is. Punisher is 05113, Hellblazer is 20066, and so on. Every issue of a title will have the same code. So every issue of this run of Punisher will start with 59606 05113...

The last set of five tells you which issue it is. First three digits are the issue number. In this case we have issue #30. The next digit tells you which cover this is. On 95+% of books this digit will be a 1, but when Marvel does their 2 covers of #2 you will see one cover with a 1 here and the other with a 2. The final digit tells you the printing number. Again on 99% of books this will be a 1. If it is a second print you will see a 2 here, and so on...

If your Green Arrow has 00111 as the last five digits, you know it's the first printing of the main cover of issue #1... If your Batgirl has 00112, you know it's a second printing of #1...

No need to open the book, no need to read the indicia... Learn this and you will save a lot of time in your back issue searches...

I can't tell from what you've written; Does this hold true for D.C. Second printings as well, as Green Arrow isn't a Marvel character?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif-Joe

I've never heard anything about that shrewd method of determining the printing of a mainstream publisher's comics. Many thanks for the info!

No problem... Happy to help.

Just one of the many things I have learned while running my brick-and-mortar store... tongue.gif

BTW, bad news for BOC (and a few others on the forum)... well, sort of bad news I guess... The Halloween Goth Princess now has a girlfriend, and apparently they are quite happy together... cool.gif

I've never heard anything about that shrewd method of determining the printing of a mainstream publisher's comics. Many thanks for the info!

No problem... Happy to help.

Just one of the many things I have learned while running my brick-and-mortar store... tongue.gif

BTW, bad news for BOC (and a few others on the forum)... well, sort of bad news I guess... The Halloween Goth Princess now has a girlfriend, and apparently they are quite happy together... cool.gif

Two things:

Thing the First: YOU have a brick and mortar store?!?!? :::falls down as if knocked over by a feather:::

B: My heart has broken and my pants have torn.

I know... I know... I should have told you before... but I was afraid everyone would freak out if they knew I had a brick and mortar store... so keep it to yourself, ok?

The small consolation in the Halloween Goth Princess' lifestyle change is that her new girlfriend is awfully affectionate... and the starting bids for my store security tapes are going up as we speak... blush.gif

I thought I was helping promote literacy by making him open it up and read? confused-smiley-013.gif

Once again, you tease us about this "Brick and mortar store" - How can one not help but post about their vast experiences from this perspective, afforded only to those that hold such an elusive honor...

and BTW when are you buying my overpriced 35 centers? 27_laughing.gif PM me...I just picekd up more junk from Heritage and my 30 cent list is growing smaller smile.gif

Along with the following guidelines to make it a success. blush.gif

235948-HouseGraph.jpg

The Halloween Goth Princess now has a girlfriend, and apparently they are quite happy together... cool.gif

NOooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! !

235948-HouseGraph.jpg.6c0ba58a8908b519ecefb1b7c7d8e071.jpg

Along with the following guidelines to make it a success. blush.gif

235948-HouseGraph.jpg

The Halloween Goth Princess now has a girlfriend, and apparently they are quite happy together... cool.gif

NOooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! !

confused-smiley-013.gif