• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW 'RETRO' HORROR COMIC PREVIEW ART

85 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm an amateur artist trying to promote my latest indie title called 'EEEK!', a loving nod to the fave horror comics/artists of my youth. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've been lurking for a while enjoying the covers/art posted here and couldn't resist plugging my own. Apologies if this is not OK. 'EEEK!' is available online only alongside my other titles at http://www.Lulu.com/RatRace

EEK3_fc_fin.gif

EEEK3_1.jpg

EEEK3_2.jpg

EEEK3_3.jpg

EEEK3_4.jpg

For more previews go to http://www.hairbuttthehippo.com

Thanks!

J.Paulos

Sydney

Australia

Thanks very much ... and yes, I like the old stuff! Alcala, Wrightson, Wood, etc etc !!! These artist found there way to Australia courtesy of local black and white reprint editions ... still relatively cheap and easy to find. I almost made it into 'DOOMED', but unfortunately the title proved prophetic!!!

Wow guys, I never expected so many replies so quickly ... I'm truly humbled!

Comicseeker : Thanks, I'll go read it now!

Timulty : I wish it WAS on the market. I'd like to make it into comic shops again one day. I'm planning to shop around a trade of the first 4 issues later this year, time permitting ...

Jayman : Ha, yes the artwork is all mine! I've been drawing comics since 1989, mostly out of necessity and lack of professional opportunities in Australia.

chrisco37 : Thank you, you're too kind!

nickwire : I've never given it much thought ... all my art these days is digital. I'm flattered by the inquiry though!

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys ... for previews of the first 2 issues of 'EEEK!' see my site http://www.HairbuttTheHippo.com (follow Jason Paulos link)

EEK4_bc.jpg

Wow guys, I never expected so many replies so quickly ... I'm truly humbled!

Comicseeker : Thanks, I'll go read it now!

Timulty : I wish it WAS on the market. I'd like to make it into comic shops again one day. I'm planning to shop around a trade of the first 4 issues later this year, time permitting ...

Jayman : Ha, yes the artwork is all mine! I've been drawing comics since 1989, mostly out of necessity and lack of professional opportunities in Australia.

chrisco37 : Thank you, you're too kind!

nickwire : I've never given it much thought ... all my art these days is digital. I'm flattered by the inquiry though!

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys ... for previews of the first 2 issues of 'EEEK!' see my site http://www.HairbuttTheHippo.com (follow Jason Paulos link)

EEK4_bc.jpg

Super Eerie #2 back cover tribute! thumbsup2.gif

Stunning. Amazing work.

A bit on the pricy side to order especially when shipping the the UK is factored in although I was still very tempted due to the quality. I have ordered from Comixpress before but not from Lulu.

Earl.

Thanks again everybody for the support and the sales! (especially the sales!) Lulu books are brilliant quality (I haven't seen the Comixpress product but I'm told Lulu is a slicker product) but uneconomical for 32 page books. For this reason my cut of the 32 pagers is zero, otherwise the price would be ridiculous. On the other hand, my books sell EXTREMELY low numbers, so they're genuine collectors items (sorry, couldn't resist that comment!)

Lulus TPB's however, are very affordable so I wouldn't blame you guys for waiting until issue 4 is finished. I'll be releasing issue 3 for sale as soon as my 'proof' copy arrives (a week or so away). For those who REALLY like this stuff the regular issues will include covers, pinups that I won't put in the TPB version. Also, these are on slick paper with a higher quality image (smoother tones, glossier blacks etc) to the tpb versions.

Sorry if this seems confusing! If I had my way it would be printed using blood on authentic aged yellow newsprint, but there ya go.

Thanks again, I'll stop by again soon, I'd love to know what you think of Lulus service, I haven't heard manu complaints thus far. Its not a perfect system, but without it people like me would not be able to sell their work to people like you.

Cheers!