• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Grade/Price A Signed Comic?

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I've got all of my comics graded and cataloged with corresponding prices- a hefty endeavor! Now, I was just wondering how do you price a comic that has been signed (especially by a more notable artist/writer)? Some of my signed comics do have COAs which I'm aware increase the legitimacy of the signature against those w/o one. But, where you do come up with a figure? All ideas or suggestions welcome!

scarcity of signature, whether it's an authorized CGC SS book. To be honest unless it's encapuslated through the CGC signature series program, I won't buy it. Now I have quite a few "raw" sigs in my collection that I got myself, but they are worth more to me than what i could get on the market for them.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth for "COA", especially after all the fakes from the sports memorabilia days and seeing the folks at megacon in 2006 selling COA's for a $1 each to anyone who wanted to buy one. Buyers Beware on COA's.

Some creators don't make many personal appearances, while others are everywhere. Some creators will sign everything and anything, others limit the number of books they will sign. Some creators live in countries outside of North America, and don't come here very often, while others live in New York and LA and are very accessible.

For example, Neil Gaiman's would be considered a scarce or rare autograph for SS, while Brian Michael Bendis' is not.

its all about the auther then the grade you get ya know!! if its someoen thats at every con hes easier to get a hold of but someone older or rarer like stan or romita will make the value way more