• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Amazing Spider-Man Comic to Get?

47 posts in this topic

I liked them for sure. And please don't get me wrong, I really liked Tarantula, but I was a little surprised they gave him the opening issue when compared to some of the other villians in Spidey's rogues gallery. (Still good issues though).

you got to think of "Hot" at the time...

The Punisher, Jackal and Tarantula were smoking in '77.

I liked them for sure. And please don't get me wrong, I really liked Tarantula, but I was a little surprised they gave him the opening issue when compared to some of the other villians in Spidey's rogues gallery. (Still good issues though).

you got to think of "Hot" at the time...

The Punisher, Jackal and Tarantula were smoking in '77.

Still are. cloud9.gif

Quote "Wouldn't that be ideal? lol, I'd be thrilled if he'd even just let me look at them all! "

I don't know if anyone's ever given you a good site to see all the covers to the series Mac Man but if not take a look at this. It's one I looked at often enough when I was just collecting raw Amazing Spider-Man books and not reeediculously expensive high graded slabs. I read 1-500 pretty much maybe missing 10-15 or so and then sold my collection in chunks a while back to fund graded books but the whole darn series is fantastic and I'd reads them over again!

Here's the link for the site:

http://samruby.com

And the link for the Amazing Spider-Man cover Gallery where you can choose the majority of spider-man titles on the left to take a look at other covers as well. If you haven't seen all the covers it is quite a treat:

http://samruby.com/title.htm

ENJOY ENJOY!!!!!

I'm sure this may help you to start your collecting as it did myself and there is all kinds of good stuff in that site as well being one of my favourites although I haven't been in it in awhile.

yay.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

And if you like them for the reading:

Cheap books to get with great stories in raw are copper books from 200-300 in the Amazing series! Hydro-Man/Fusion/Madam Web/Punisher/Sandman/Namor/Frightful 4/ Wizard/ Moon Knight/ FoolKiller/ Black Cat / Vulture/ Cobra/ Mr Hyde/ Tarantula/ Willo The Wisp/ Stilt-Man/ Hobgoblin/ Kingpin/Alien Costume/Fantastic 4/Puma/Black Fox/Silver Sable/ Sinister Syndicate with Beetle/ Speed Demon and others mentioned/ Slyde/ Kraven's Death/ Jack O Lantern/ Daredevil/Falcon/ The Rose/Beyonder/Mephisto/Hammerhead/Doc Octupus/Chance & of course Venom. Think I got most of them anyway. Maybe forgot Mesmero but his issue was short of excellent. Alot of appearances and good stories in that run though. Get em cheap / read em/ box em then get more. sumo.gif

Yeah, Sam Ruby is fantastic resource. I've used it a lot since getting back into the hobby and trying to remember which issue was which from way back when smile.gif

And you (Nerf) are right- they were hot at the time. I guess it's the tension between "do we go with what's current or what's timeless?" Both fair points.

Anyhow, I ended up going with just ASM 121 for today. I'm still waiting on one more eBay auction to close before seeing if I have enough extra to pick up 122.

ASM-121-Front-Cover.jpg

ASM121-BACK.jpg

Good Choice and Congratz!

I just upgraded this copy myself from a FN to a VF/NM...

(I am still keepin' the Fn as a reader though)

asm121.jpg

I have a raw 122 that I believe is about a 9.0 as well,

if I can ever get off my lazy bum a sub it.

cloud9.gif

Yeah, it's official- there is no replacing the experience of reading an offical copy with reprint. :-D

I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping I'll be able to pick up the copy of 122 the end of this week. It's also be sold as a 6.0 FN, but I think these scans of 121 might provide an argument for at least a 6.5 or so. Anyhow, the 122 looks the same except it doesn't have the salerack marks on the bottom. This set me back $57 and 122 is running for $60.

I also saw a copy of ASM 20 at another store for $15. Of course, it's in FR (1.0-1.5) condition. Still, I'm tempted to try and talk him down some just to have it for a reader copy.