• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This book rocks!

18 posts in this topic

........actually the avengers below #100 are all pretty under valued in the guide, so getting hold of them at anywhere near guide is usually hard........... frown.gif

.......this book can NEVER seem to be had for cheap though...............

A tribute to the cover of More Fun 54. Compare the two covers!

Wasn't it also almost a direct dupe of a Golden Age Vision splash page, where he emerges from the smoke and there are "mini-sized" criminals backing away in awe?

Check the attachment for a mini-look at the panel in question. Can't find the full one, but it's almost a direct match.

51825-old_vision.jpg.0a36ecf899062961085b7ad42aa24567.jpg

Yeah, he seems like a nice guy, just bought a Thor #193 (9.2) from him. I noticed the Avengers #57 has some creasing around the upper staple, and not as sharp of corners as my 9.2. This is the main title I collect, always like to shop for a perfect #57 regardless of the assigned slab grade. laugh.gif

Thanks Clobberintime (you need my graphic! It would be a perfect one for yer name on these forums). I'll take a look. I've only bought one book from the Link & it was a great 9.6 deal & Josh (I guess the guy who runs it) is a real nice guy & very courteous & professional. Thanks for the heads up. laugh.gif

They have a copy of Avengers #57 in NM 9.4 with Off-White pages for $500, and a VF/NM 9.0 with White pages for $250. Does the seller set the price on comiclink? Some of the prices are ridiculously high!

Some of the sellers must be on crack then. Check out some of these prices on CGC graded copies:

Spider-Man #166 9.8 - $340 (I sold mine for $150 during the height of Spider-Man mania, and now they're selling on Ebay for $100 or less)

Batman #240 9.4 - $220 (I think I sold mine for $70 or so)

Batman #284 9.6 - $140 (books for $15 in NM)

Fantastic Four #80 9.4 - $295 (books for $50 in NM)

Green Lantern #100 9.4 - $120 (books for $16 in NM)

Spectacular Spider-Man #1 9.8 (OW pages) - $650

Spectacular Spider-Man #7 9.8 - $180

Star Wars #1 9.4 - $125

Spider-Man #312 9.8 - $170

LMAO! These sellers will NEVER sell these books!

Hey, some people probably thought that I was on crack for pricing the Spidey 101 so high. However, I believe that the $35,000 for the Spidey 5 CGC 9.6 is kinda outrageous! Good luck selling that in this market! mad.gif