• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How should I list these comics on eBay? Please help a new seller.

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a run of Ultimate Spider-Man from 1-60 and some slabbed books in that run. I have #1 red in 9.4, an ungraded #1 red, and a #5 in 9.6.

Would you sell the whole thing together or sell the graded books separately from the 1-60 run? I don't sell very often so I'm not sure how to get the best price for what I've got. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. thanks, John

Howdy and welcome to the boards! hi.gif

It sounds like a nifty collection of USMs, especially the #1's! I expect that similar concensus here would be to sell the individal items separately. Often however, the whole may not entirely be the sum of it's parts. Collectors may be willing to pay a bit more for one particular, choice issue, while perhaps shying away from a giant collection of books that may have too many dupes or other books that he (or she) simply does not need.

I've posed similar questions here before and found that to be the general feeling... right? confused.gif

I would suggest that you sell the books under #7 individually, then sell the rest of the run together with a copy of the first TPB (which covers 1-7).

That way you will get good value for your single issues, but you still present a good product for the run sale. If you break the run into a bunch of 5-issue pieces you will find there are some sections that just don't move well. Do the TPB + 8-60 lot and someone can always add their own copies of 1-7 later as they find them.

thumbsup2.gif

I'd sell 1-10 singularly and then 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and down the line in sets of 10. Start bidding on issues 1-10 at .99 each as well as 11-20 and 21-30 and then start bidding on the later sets at 9.99 each. Begin by auctioning the later sets first with 5 minutes between each one. Start at 5 pm PST Sunday (7 day auction) and your #1 slabbed will end on or around 6pm. Put up big scans, encourage questions and be sure to state that you will combine multiple wins to save buyers money. Give them several different options in shipping as well. You should do pretty well. Good luck! thumbsup2.gif