• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended titles for 8-year old girl?

39 posts in this topic

Think Spider-Girl would work? Or is that more for a teen?

Maybe there's an independent title, or maybe a one-shot trade I could recommend.

He said she likes the new Nancy Drew trades that are out on the market.

Paul Dini's current work on Detective Comics is awesome.

You could use the fact that he worked on the show as a selling point. Plus, alot of the issues function as 1-shot type stories, so there isn't too much of a collecting commitment

Any Archie - the digests are great. My daughter loved the Disney titles of Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc. Harvey was great too - Little Dot, Little Lotta, Hot Stuff, Stumbo, Richie Rich.

How about DC 100-pager issues. I hear all the 8-year old little girls love em.

More competition for greggy....,

893naughty-thumb.gif

Dark Horse Little Lulu tpbs

The color issue anyway - I've got 2 girls 6 & 10 - and they don't have much interest in B/W comics - but they love the color Lulu trade - also the Bark's Scrooge trades that came out recently.

Betty & Veronica digests are always popular - look for them used and cheap.

The Powerpuff Girls comic was popular with them a few years back - don't know if it's still being published.

Can't recommend any new stuff but you can't go wrong with

Disney - start with Uncle Scrooge (my own bias. I'm a Scrooge fan)

Archie - Not my cup of tea personally

Richie Rich or any Harvey kids titles.

Friend asked whether I had any recommendations. Gave him a couple.

But I knew everyone here would have more.

So throw 'em down people! smile.gif

I have a similar thread in Wanted to Buy...amazingly, I have an 8-year old daughter who is interested in comics as well! Anyway...she is just starting to show an interest in comics. Probably because of my influence, she is interested in Superhero stuff and not really into the cartoony Archie/funny animal books. I've found one modern title and one bronze-age title that she loves. Current book is Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane and the older one is Spidey Super Stories (the old Electric Company/Marvel Comics title). I welcome any other suggestions as well!

Greg