• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VF Tec 31 on eBay ....unrestored with slight / moderate restoration?

11 posts in this topic

pretty book......the seller may not be quite clear on the word 'unrestored' screwy.gif, but I would think this book will see a lot of action. What do guys think she'll sell for?

the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DETECTIVE-COMICS-31-...1QQcmdZViewItem

hello all...

what a well traveled tec 31...I love it (I think it was the first tec 31 I owned last year)!...but, if Dino still owns it (I don't know what his ebay handle is, but he was the last person I knew was in possession of it a few months ago, however, he could have sold it since then), I think the "unrestored" should be adjusted, as it is a bit misleading...even with the qualified restoration comments (which are accurate, some folks see "unrestored" and stop there)...

GE, still yours?

gator

Yes, Rick, it is my book and typo. I've revised the listing appropriately, but my description clearly states the restoration work. Sorry for any confusion, Showcase.

I tried listing 3 "big books" (also, Red Raven #1 and Action #13) up on eBay before the midnight last night but the 'unrestored' was a typo and the first bid came so fast! foreheadslap.gif

Naturally, I have contacted the bidder to confirm his interest and to retract his bid if he is less than 100% aware of the restoration (but I doubt it).

Dino

Yes, Rick, it is my book and typo. I've revised the listing appropriately, but my description clearly states the restoration work. Sorry for any confusion, Showcase.

I tried listing 3 "big books" (also, Red Raven #1 and Action #13) up on eBay before the midnight last night but the 'unrestored' was a typo and the first bid came so fast! foreheadslap.gif

Naturally, I have contacted the bidder to confirm his interest and to retract his bid if he is less than 100% aware of the restoration (but I doubt it).

Dino

hello all...

I figured it was just an error....but, since I didn't know who was selling it, figured better to ask!

I really want an action 13, but for some reason, the color "throws" me off...when I had my action run, the best books I had (closest to NM) were my 8 and 13, so I have something to compare too...most of my copies were g/vg (like the 1, and 7 and 10)

gator rick

ps-killer RR1

Dino, I can't believe your selling your Action #13, I thought that was a grail for you.. confused-smiley-013.gif

Alton,

Action #13 was a grail and surprised it sold (and so quickly) at my very aggressive price!! 893whatthe.gif BIN almost 4x guide. I'm overwhelmed but will be sad to see the book go sorry.gif

Fortunately, I have some other books (and now OA) on my radar for the proceeds.

Stay tuned!

Dino

Dino, I can't believe your selling your Action #13, I thought that was a grail for you.. confused-smiley-013.gif

Alton,

Action #13 was a grail and surprised it sold (and so quickly) at my very aggressive price!! 893whatthe.gif BIN almost 4x guide. I'm overwhelmed but will be sad to see the book go sorry.gif

Fortunately, I have some other books (and now OA) on my radar for the proceeds.

Stay tuned!

Dino

well good luck on your future purchases. smile.gif

Dino

.........hey, no biggie. We are all human. I hope you didn't take offense to the screwy.gif emoticon I used in my 1st post. I did not know this sale was being held by a fellow Forumite. flowerred.gif

Good luck with your auctions!

Steve

Dino

.........hey, no biggie. We are all human. I hope you didn't take offense to the screwy.gif emoticon I used in my 1st post. I did not know this sale was being held by a fellow Forumite. flowerred.gif

Good luck with your auctions!

Steve

...and Steve good luck with your (Heritage) sale of Obadiah Oldbuck. Like my Action 13 and Tec 31, I'm sure it's a cherished grail for you but collectors like us have endless things to buy! thumbsup2.gif

Dino