• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Magazine stops publishing

143 posts in this topic

My favorite was the introduction of the anti-paladin. I kept this issue for quite a while, even after I stopped playing D&D. dragon39.jpg

The AP was one of my fave classes to play, once I finally badgered my DM into letting me test one.

cloud9.gif

I didn't know it still existed.

I think I still have some old ones from the early 80's. I'm never ashamed to admit how much fun we had playing in those days. And Dragon was fun to read. Part of the charm of D&D then (and I assume now) was the interaction between people. I can remember many all-nighters.

We had some great late nights too. First time through Ravenloft comes to mind. One of the Slavers modules too.

And... as something ends, something else begins. This weeks Knights of the Dinner Table has an insert for Kenzer's new Aces & Eights game. Wow--it looks cool as hell. The Civil War starts ten years early and apparently ends in a draw. So the Confederacy is still strong and the Union is powerless to stab westward. So the Indians still hold great swaths of territory, as do the Mexicans. Texas is still a republic. The west is basically all badlands. Plus, the art in the book looks terrfic. Amateur art really turns me off new game products.

Marc

I didn't know it still existed.

I think I still have some old ones from the early 80's. I'm never ashamed to admit how much fun we had playing in those days. And Dragon was fun to read. Part of the charm of D&D then (and I assume now) was the interaction between people. I can remember many all-nighters.

We had some great late nights too. First time through Ravenloft comes to mind. One of the Slavers modules too.

First time thru Ravenloft was great!

One of the best adventures I ever went thru.