• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Magazine stops publishing

143 posts in this topic

DL, thanks for the trip down memory lane. I had every one of those issue's, all classics cover to cover.

Though the memories are quite vivid, boy thats going back a few years now. 893whatthe.gif

Break out the 10 sided dice one more time! cloud9.gif

DL, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Thanks from me as well. hail.gif

I had every one of those issue's, all classics cover to cover.

I still have all of mine. I think it's time to go through some of them again. Try to regain that feeling.

My favorite was the introduction of the anti-paladin. I kept this issue for quite a while, even after I stopped playing D&D. dragon39.jpg

Such a cool article but such a campaign breaker when everyone wanted to be one all of a sudden.

Earl.

dragon132.jpg

Snarfquest was great.

Elmore cloud9.gif

Nice, I remember that one.

I have been gradually collecting all the comics that TSR published themselves (rather than those published under licence) but have not yet got around to getting the original Snarfquest collected edition.

If anyone is interested in the data here is a list of TSR comics I put together when I decided to collect the set... I have about 4 or 5 of these still to get for my collection.

13: ASSASSIN: 8 issues

AGENT 13: THE MIDNIGHT AVENGER 1 Issue

BIRTHRIGHT THE SERPENTS EYE 1 Issue

BUCK ROGERS COMICS MODULE 10 issues

DRAGONLANCE FIFTH AGE COMIC BOOK 1 Issue

DRAGONLANCE SAGA 3 Issues

FINEOUS FINGERS COLLECTION 1 Issue

FORGOTTEN REALMS THE GRAND TOUR 1 Issue

INTRUDER COMICS MODULE 9 Issues

LABYRINTH OF MADNESS 1 Issue

R.I.P. COMICS MODULE 8 Issues

SNARFQUEST COLLECTION 1 Issue

WARHAWKS COMICS MODULE 9 Issues

I was always our No.2 DM as our No.1 DM had this amazing fleshed out world that I was in awe of for ages. The history and detail was stunning considering we were only 15 or 16 at the time....

Then a couple of years later I read the Runequest game and thought....

Hmmmm, this word and history sounds very familiar.

Yep, our D&D world was lifted from the Runequest campaign world.

I was still a poor DM though. Too concerned with world building, internal logic and campaign balance rather than creating fun.