• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed in a big way!

51 posts in this topic

This oneal5363 does sell restored books. This is why it is SO important to read ALL feedbacks - it is easy to scroll down the pages - set it to show 200 feedbacks per page. The five minutes surfing those pages can save one a lotr of heartache.

CAL sumo.gif

OR, instead of reading all fb, you could just use this hand little resource ...? grin.gif

at the very least, you need to tell him you've sent a copy of that email to your local police department and the FBI. please. for the good of us all

A week to go and no word from Paypal. I certainly haven't detected any sign of an "investigation" going on, as they haven't even contacted me once, let alone asked for photos of the book, or for me to submit it to an expert.

By the way, my experience on Ebay up to this point have been pretty positive. I've met nice people, and the two times I've had major issues with grading discrepancies (on high priced books) I've gotten refunds with no problem--and no hard feelings. So I'm not to the point where I want to give up "fishin" just because of this one lunatic. But it has definitely made me much more cautious...

Got the following email from Paypal. The odd thing is, they never even asked to see the comic, or talked to me...they just found in my favor! I mean I'm not complaining, but there was no "investigation."

I don't thing Paypal liked the guy's profanity, etc. Two days ago I called and asked for an update (because it had been 30 days and I hadn't heard anything). The guy on the phone read through the case file while I was on the line, and he kept saying "wow....Wow...WOW!"

Thanks again for all the advice, help, and morale support! I'll continue to update if anything else happens, like, for example, the guy claims the item is damaged when he receives it.

And yes, I'm going to neg him.

-----------------

We are in the process of investigating the following claim:

Transaction Date: Apr 19, 2007

Transaction Amount: -$480.11 USD

Seller's Name: nicolina dimarzo

Seller's Email: nicolinadimarzo@aol.com

We have determined that you may be eligible for a refund on this PayPal

transaction. To qualify for a refund, please return the item received to

the seller in the same condition in which it was received. (You are

responsible for shipping and handling costs for the returned merchandise.)

The amount you will be eligible to receive is determined by the terms of

our buyer protection policies and we may be unable to make a full recovery

of your payment from the seller. Please review the buyer protection

policies in our User Agreement before shipping the item back to the seller.

p.o. box 564

verdi, NV 89439

United States

Once you have returned the item, please log in to your PayPal account

within 10 calendar days of receipt of this email and provide tracking

information that can be verified online.

PayPal strongly recommends using a shipping service that provides online

tracking.

We must receive this information within 10 calendar days. Failure to

provide this information will result in automatic cancellation of your case.

Once we have been able to verify that the item was shipped to the seller,

the refund will be issued to you.

You may also choose to cancel this claim if you wish to work directly with

the seller to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Boy, that guy is a piece of work, I'm really sorry...of course if you have not given him feedback, and you leave a normal neg, he will ask to withdraw them. ...it seems to be his method, be careful how you express yours...

Exactly right. The only neg I ever got was from a ballistic seller who included some four-letter words (not including 'mint') in his fb to me. I contacted eBay and they removed his negs to me, but left my more carefully phrased negs to the seller thumbsup2.gif

Great point, and I've got enough to put in a neg without resorting to profanity!

By the way, the one unsatisfying thing about this is that Paypal only guarantees $200. I spoke to a rep there, and they way they explain it, they have put a hold on the funds from his account IF HE HAD ENOUGH IN IT AT THE TIME I FILED THE CLAIM. To make matters worse, they wouldn't tell me if there was enough to cover the whole refund due to privacy issues! So, I'm going to mail this comic back without knowing whether I'll get a full refund or not, which is not good. Paypal did say that if he didn't have enough in the account at the time, they would still pursue it if he tries to have further activity through a Paypal account. But if this guy's fly-by-night, he may just pull up camp and never be seen again.

One good thing is I filed the claim on him without warning, so he didn't have a chance to pull any funds, I don't think.

By the way, here's some of the restoration:

1824176-Showcase6050resized.jpg

1824176-Showcase6036resized.jpg

1824176-Showcase6036resized.jpg.b935d4bea6851866f4acb9e38cf3f856.jpg

I'm curious what the Wow, wow, wow was.

I assumed he was reading through the guy's correspondence with me, and his feedback exchanges with others in the past, but I also wondered if he had stuff I don't know about. For example, I'm really curious what he told Paypal during the investigation...

Well, the package I sent back is sitting at his post office. He hasn't picked it up yet...