• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed in a big way!

51 posts in this topic

STOP THE PRESSES!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!

This pinhead Seller, oneal5363 gave me a negative sometime last year.

What had happened was that I won another of my "pets" and went to pay for it on a Monday morning. Lo and behold, using dual screens, I see that he had negged me while I was paying him via PalPal that very moment!!!

I got on the phone w/ Paypal and was able to reverse the payment.

Nowhere on his auction page did it say that I had to pay within 10 days; there was no indication whatsoever. The man claims to have emailed me, but he did not. Even if he did, and waited one more day, he gets paid.

Nevertherless he sent me a profanity-laced tiraded threat email and I saved it. This email should have gotten him kicked right off ebay, but they only gave him a "final warning" or so I am told by another eBayer who had trouble with this clown from Reno, NV.

So of course I retaliated, giving him his first of approx. 11 negs. He also got lucky and sold the comic to another eBayer for about 25% more than I had won it for.

I still watch this guy, and saw him accumulate a lot of bad press on the eBay feedback forum. Then he lost his Power Seller status. That must have unnerved him to the point of getting some of the negs removed, and so far he has done that a bit, but right now I can't recall how many were removed under the watered-down eBay feedback Politically correct system( the eBay feedback system reeks big-time and it has cost them a lot of Customers - don't take my word for it - read enough and you will figure it out).

This oneal5363 does sell restored books. This is why it is SO important to read ALL feedbacks - it is easy to scroll down the pages - set it to show 200 feedbacks per page. The five minutes surfing those pages can save one a lotr of heartache.

To John Tezloff please hammer a nail in this eBay pinhead's coffin. You are saving many a collector grief from someone who apparently does not belong on eBay, let alone in the comic book hobby. Stand up for yourself and don't take any garbage off anyone and make this *spoon* pay.

CAL sumo.gif

Okay, I filed a dispute, sent a civilized text explaining that the book has undisclosed restoration, and he neg'd me with the following text:

"A whining little Punk. Needs the money for crack and ho's so he made up a story."

Now I'm really pissed!!!!

First thing you should do, is go to Live Help and report the seller. They will take off feedback that has curse words and in the wake of the Imus scandal, they are going to be very sensitive to the word "ho". I'd push that with them. I'd check that out first.

Boy, that guy is a piece of work, I'm really sorry...of course if you have not given him feedback, and you leave a normal neg, he will ask to withdraw them. ...it seems to be his method, be careful how you express yours...

Good luck!

tHAT KIND OF CHILDISH FEEDBACK HURTS HIM MORE THAN IT DOES YOU!

AND THE BEST PART IS HE DOSNT EVEN REALIZE IT.

tHAT KIND OF CHILDISH FEEDBACK HURTS HIM MORE THAN IT DOES YOU!

AND THE BEST PART IS HE DOSNT EVEN REALIZE IT.

Hello to Action1kid.

Why are you yelling at us( all Caps)???

I also disagree w/ your assessment of this Seller, oneal5363; he knows EXACTLY what he is doing, and has established his M.O.( Modus Operandi). Not knowing how to treat people is apparently( PLOD pun intended) a part of said M.O.

CAL news.gif

I intend to drive the nail, believe me--I'm just trying to make sure I do it the right way, without letting him off the hook. I escalated the dispute to a claim through Paypal. Is there anything else I can do--for example with Ebay, rather than Paypal?

He still has Power Seller status, by the way. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds good and he doesn't deserve it!

I'm hesitant to get that feedback off too soon, as it does speak volumes to what this guy's about.

Also, if I get the feedback removed, can he write another one using appropriate language? I'd rather have his rant on my record than something that people might take more seriously.

Calamerica--you're the "deadbeat"? Well I'm just a PUNK. Actually, we both got off easy compared to some others, like that poor old Granny who he says wants to have a relationship with him!

John T

oneal5363 called me a "deadbeat" - I guarantee I bought and sold more comics than he will ever see in his idiotic lifetime. Had he waited just a few minutes more - he gets paid.

I am glad he slammed me - that way I got to do to him what other eBayers did to me - retaliate. As I no longer had 100% feedback, it costs nothing for me to blast someone who truly deserves it.

I hope you give him a neg - that will drop his percentile below 98% - that way he cannot maintain his power seller status.

Don't let him off the hook - yes he CAN still say nasty things about you even if you get fedback removed. Once the feedback is removed - he can still go to "reply to feedback left" and still slam you.

CAL sumo.gif

Okay, for those of you following this, here's his latest communication, minus some of the more colorful words:

{Hey you little ******* #####,

Why didn't you contact me first with any problems. Now pay pal has frozen my account.

Do not ever let me see your face %%%%%%%.

I will never refund your money now Jackoff. Paypal can do what they want just consider yourself lucky That I don't stick my **** up your ^^^, ###### (derogatory word for a gay male).

SO}

At least he's not so fly-by-night that he isn't pissed about getting his account frozen!

Well just make sure you keep your #### away from his ^^%#!

Ha, at least they froze his account, so hopefully you will get the money back...

I would be tempted to get the money then taunt him by e mail...(likely this is why people shoot at my house twice a week).

Okay, for those of you following this, here's his latest communication, minus some of the more colorful words:

Why didn't you contact me first with any problems. Now pay pal has frozen my account.

I will never refund your money now Jackoff. Paypal can do what they want just consider yourself lucky That I don't stick my **** up your ^^^, ###### (derogatory word for a gay male).

SO}

At least he's not so fly-by-night that he isn't pissed about getting his account frozen!

You might want to contact Ebay about this recent threatening e-mail. And your local authorities. Threatening e-mails are illegal.

I will bet almost anything this person is all mouth ( or key board ) and no action. These people always are. I've dealt with my share of this kind of harassment before. You're doing a good job so far. Keep it up. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

SO}

You might want to contact Ebay about this recent threatening e-mail. And your local authorities. Threatening e-mails are illegal.

I will bet almost anything this person is all mouth ( or key board ) and no action. These people always are. I've dealt with my share of this kind of harassment before. You're doing a good job so far. Keep it up. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Yep, for all of us that have been screwed...it's nice to see one of these Tools get whats coming to them....People like this are why I hate Ebay and it's feedback system. The fact that this guy could continue to operate and be a Power Seller....well just look at the feedback, obvious that he is a crook and that he uses the threat of neg feedback to make people accept this theft...

Not much to report. My Paypal claim is "under review." Of course, they have 30 days, so who knows how long it will take. I filed on April 29th, so it's been about 10 days.

I don't know if they'll want to have an independent party examine the comic? Sounds like they might.

I did report the profane email, and it was added to the claim record. However, I guess they don't do much with emails since he sent it through personal email, not Ebay.

I haven't appealed the negative feedback, or left any...yet! I will do that once the claim is resolved.

I'll repost here, for sure. Thanks for the help and interest.

Definitely! I have gotten a couple of people booted from eBay for sending me threats. blush.gif

it is a good idea to save your feedback. maybe don't even leave him one. That's worse and he can''t retaliate. Also let us all get him on our blocked bidders page Just in case (save us from removing the bid at our own time.)

it is a good idea to save your feedback. maybe don't even leave him one. That's worse and he can''t retaliate. Also let us all get him on our blocked bidders page Just in case (save us from removing the bid at our own time.)

I'm not sure I understand this. How would it be worse to not leave him negative feedback?

And what is the blocked bidders page?

As you can tell, I'm pretty new here (and to ebay)... confused.gif

Well, between similiar threads to this and a number of individuals over-grading on comics, I've already begun weening myself off of eBay. I've just picked up a couple lots from DC360, Warlord, Comicdey, and Point Five for my first board purchases, and they all seem to get along well on these forums. If these comics come in on the level, I might just take a much needed break from eBay despite a 100% rating.

And I'm sorry you have to deal with such a jerk. There's really no reason when you're doing the right thing.

If I am not mistaken he CANNOT retaliate. ebay supposedly fixed this part of retruned transactions under " item not as described".

If I were you I would make SURE he could not retaliate first. THEN slam em good.

CAL sumo.gif

I'm not sure I understand this. How would it be worse to not leave him negative feedback?

And what is the blocked bidders page?

As you can tell, I'm pretty new here (and to ebay)... confused.gif

If you don't leave him any he can't do a follow up comment under your feedback

block by going into the help section and address block bidder question it is cool

good luck eBay will kill you