• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Good Price for Low Grade ASM 129?

11 posts in this topic

Should I expect to pay more, less, or the same as the OS guide price for a low-grade (1.5-4.0) copy of ASM 129? It's starting to surface near the top of my hit list, so just trying to figure how much I should figure on spending. Thanks!

well, you should try to pay less, of course. but affordable copies of that particular book tend to do well versus guide. You might be able to do well if certain defects (e.g., tape, clipped coupon, etc.) don't bother you as much as they bother many other collectors. But I think you will find a lot of CGC quality VGs being sold as Fines and not being such bargains.

Okay, here's another question along the same lines. An issue of ASM 129 WOULD grade in Fine - (5.5) condtion BUT there is a 2"x2" coupon cut out of it that does affect some story panels. How much lower would you rate this comic?

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't know these days I had a Flash #106 missing the last PAGE and it came back GLOD 4.5 incomplete. Then we graded one missing a last page later and it was 1.5 incomplete Blue label. that was it - so I sold mine real quick for bank.

It might drop 2 points and stay blue or stay where it is and GLOD.

To pay 1/2 what the book is worth to grade it? BUT on the other hand I am going to get my personal childhood copy of Marvel Two In One # 35 probably 1.5 done for sentimental reasons -

From a marketing standpoint find a hulk 181 in he same boat and slab and sell them as an affordable key pair, and remind everyone they can't open it anyway - what does the inside matter?