• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Slabbed Run, 27-53 Long Ear Logos

32 posts in this topic

Way to go, Rick! 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Now crack 'em and read 'em!! poke2.gif

STEVE

hello all...

I went the reverse...most all were bought raw, or I had a previous raw copy that was read...if I bought a book slabbed, that I had not previously had raw or been able to read, then I did crack it, saved the cgc label, and resubmitted to cgc (with old cgc label)...amazingly enough, I have gotten the same grade back, each time (I handled carefully) except once (my son and I-ok, more my son- kind of messed up one of the later tecs...was a 7.0, we turned it into a 4.0, I believe)!...was fortunate enough to get to read ciorac's copies of most of the earlier issues!...now, runs like Funny Stuff, KDF, Blonde Phantom, Seven Seas, etc, I have no plans to slab, as I enjoy reading them over and over!, but with all the "main" titles available to reread in reprint, I slab them ...

later,

gator

The Tec #35 is an almost perfect low grade copy, I love it.

yep...was tough to let go of the 5.0, since I only had it for a month...but, was fortunate enough to get brian's undercopy, so all was good!..it is funny, tec 35 was so 'hot" last year, but seems to have cooled off dramatically, which is good, since there seems to be no supply of them now! (I owned 4 diff copies last year, and could have bought at least 5 others...now, I don't see a one for sale)

rick

hello all..

thanks!...Batman/Detective are my passion...moving onto Whiz, Captain Marvel, Marvel Mystery comics, etc...

the Red x #38 will be replaced shortly...book is not here to scan, but I wanted a placeholder for it (like on some of my Bats, that are at cgc, etc)

gator

Go with the MMC's, you will be happier 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (must keep him away from GA Captain Marvels....must keep him away from GA Captain Marvels)

hello all..

thanks!...Batman/Detective are my passion...moving onto Whiz, Captain Marvel, Marvel Mystery comics, etc...

the Red x #38 will be replaced shortly...book is not here to scan, but I wanted a placeholder for it (like on some of my Bats, that are at cgc, etc)

gator

Go with the MMC's, you will be happier 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (must keep him away from GA Captain Marvels....must keep him away from GA Captain Marvels)

hello all...

I already have CMA 1-11 and 18...just going for 1-24 or so...no comp from me smile.gif

rick

893whatthe.gif

rick, that's a great collection of books! now, maybe the rest of us can play catch up.

hey DM...

I am trying to catch up to you, on the MMC!

smile.gif

gator

take your time. it's best you hold off on any zeppelin covers for a while. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Nice collection Rick thumbsup2.gif Keep em coming headbang.gif

hello all...

thank you benz...strangely enough, I have decided to completed at least tec 54-100 or so (I already have most all the villian cover copies, so just a matter of picking up the in betweens)...however, it is not a priority, will pick up as I find.. I plan to post some of my other issues soon, though...(58,62,66,68,76,85,87,99,102,114,118,120,122,126,128,140,168,175,187,225 soon, but most are at cgc)

rick

Unreal Run!! Good luck the rest of the way on the climb up the ladder! 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks...Bats is "it" for me, but I am expanding my horizons, so to speak

gator