• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day....a new Trophy Wall...

28 posts in this topic

Hi Gang,

The trophy walls have been slow going lately as I have waited for

pieces to get finished.

I just got one in the mail that was completed by Andy Brase.

This one was a year in the making and I have to send a BIG thanks to

Ruben Azcona of www.comicbookartgallery.com for making this possible.

I can tell you for a fact that I would never have been able to get this

piece in my hands if it were not for him.

Nightmare's Trophy Wall by Andy Brase

Nightmare in close up.

Nightmare's Trophy Wall...11x17 with the most detail per square inch I

may have ever seen. Hulk, Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Spider-man adorn

the walls and you might notice a skull-headed cyclist providing some

mood lighting as a torch in front of him.

Let me know what you think.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

hail.gif Man I would love to see a 300dpi scan of that. The line work must be incredible in hand!

Excellent! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

hail.gif Man I would love to see a 300dpi scan of that. The line work must be incredible in hand!

Excellent! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you very much....

I am working on putting a hi res one on my site......I may have to break it up into pieces to show people what they are missing.

If Andy keeps putting this much work into pieces he is either going to kill himself or drive himself insane.

I really love how this turned out.

Chris

chris. i gotta say. that is freaking awesome. the work he put into the commission is breath taking. that is going to frame up real nice. thanks for showing it off.

larry ;]

What do I think? I think you've gotten some of the best commissions of the last couple years! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks to everyone for the nice words....this piece really went over the top.

The most fun in collecting art I have had is collaborating with artists on this theme.

The ones that take on the challenge really seem to want to "show off their chops" especially in comparison to other artists.

Since all these pieces are showcased one right next to the other, young guns and grand masters all "face off" on the same stage.

I have had a few people reticent to take up the gauntlet thinking they could not compete with this artist's version or that artist's version, but almost everyone I talk to really looks forward to taking a shot at it and seeing where it takes them.

I don't try to frame it as a competition because each piece is unique and great and stands alone in its quality, but some artist's can't help but try to one-up their peers.

So much the better, all these factors have really made the theme take on a life of its own.

Oh and I have at least 3-4 more Trophy walls coming to me in May...after months of a drought the flood gates are opening.

Chris

Whoa!!! Man, they keep getting better and better! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

The trophy wall theme you've got going is just about the coolest thing I've seen. I love it when you get a new one in!

Who is up next?

893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Hi Gang,

The trophy walls have been slow going lately as I have waited for

pieces to get finished.

I just got one in the mail that was completed by Andy Brase.

This one was a year in the making and I have to send a BIG thanks to

Ruben Azcona of www.comicbookartgallery.com for making this possible.

I can tell you for a fact that I would never have been able to get this

piece in my hands if it were not for him.

Nightmare's Trophy Wall by Andy Brase

Nightmare in close up.

Nightmare's Trophy Wall...11x17 with the most detail per square inch I

may have ever seen. Hulk, Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Spider-man adorn

the walls and you might notice a skull-headed cyclist providing some

mood lighting as a torch in front of him.

Let me know what you think.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Chris,

That is an amazing piece of work and Andy's work belongs in the same museum as the best Bolland examples out there ! -

I would be hard pressed to find another artist of that caliber working today....not saying it is impossible, but would be very difficult. -

Mike

Chris,

That is an amazing piece of work and Andy's work belongs in the same museum as the best Bolland examples out there ! -

I would be hard pressed to find another artist of that caliber working today....not saying it is impossible, but would be very difficult. -

Mike

I don't know about that....