• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why didn't this book get a pedigree?

14 posts in this topic

Because it's not from an actual pedigree/collection. The COA notes only that it is one of the highest quality examples that the guys at Mile High have seen. It would have gotten a notation had the COA stated it came from the Mile High II collection (I cannot use the word pedigree for MH2's).

Because it's not from an actual pedigree/collection. The COA notes only that it is one of the highest quality examples that the guys at Mile High have seen. It would have gotten a notation had the COA stated it came from the Mile High II collection (I cannot use the word pedigree for MH2's).

The COA says, "...this is an official comic book from the Second Mile High Collection" in the first sentence.

The COA says, "...this is an official comic book from the Second Mile High Collection" in the first sentence.

The only books that get the Mile High 2 designation are books that Chuck submits from a "lost" hoard found in his warehouse a few years ago. No one else gets it so this thread is now dead.

foreheadslap.gif I missed that entirely! 27_laughing.gif

Did you note it on the submission form when you sent it in? Did you send the COA to CGC with the book?

The only books that get the Mile High 2 designation are books that Chuck submits from a "lost" hoard found in his warehouse a few years ago. No one else gets it so this thread is now dead.

Thanks for the answer thumbsup2.gif

I learned something today

makepoint.gif

Was Mile High II a personal collection? Not really, I don't think. Maybe that's why it isn't a pedigree.

Seriously, Gary Dolgoff and Jo Koch have had books sitting in their inventory for 30 years that they bought from the publisher. Doesn't make them pedigree, right?

I wasn't sure what to expect when I submitted that DC Special #20 and COA.

So this one was submitted by Chuck (sorry about the small image, stole it from eBay)

ab1b_1_b.JPG

eBay link

Where this one was not submitted by Chuck?

IM006055.jpg

Was Mile High II a personal collection? Not really, I don't think. Maybe that's why it isn't a pedigree.

Seriously, Gary Dolgoff and Jo Koch have had books sitting in their inventory for 30 years that they bought from the publisher. Doesn't make them pedigree, right?

In the eyes of CGC it's a partial pedigree. Meaning, the book submitted by Chuck got the pedigree designation. All others, do not.

Just plain silly. Funny how some of these "best examples" come back as 9.0s and 9.2s....

Even sillier is that I just read all 134 parts of his tales from the database on the subject!

Even sillier is that I just read all 134 parts of his tales from the database on the subject!

Glowering mob enforcers, near-death experiences, runaway semis, dangerously high dust count setting off allergic reactions... the thrills, the chills!!!!

Oh, the humanity!!!!!!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif