• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko Spiderman page?

115 posts in this topic

Hard to say. I hate auctions like these because if you bid and it's not real, you're screwed. If you bid and it's real, you may come away with something nice.

Sounds like the guy has been so inundated with questions that he's cut off answering them. That complicates it even more -- is he covering up something or truly overwhelmed? confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I really want a Ditka Spider-Man page!! But $15 for shipping? A page like this can be shipped for $7-$8!! stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif, yeah that is the best question I saw.

And jeez, who knew the former Bears coach was such a talented comic book artist????confused-smiley-013.gif

And jeez, who knew the former Bears coach was such a talented comic book artist????confused-smiley-013.gif

Why wouldn't he be? If he played da ninety-tree Bulls, by himself, he'd win.

bulls1.jpg

my personal take on the page as far as is it real or fake would be this .

1st i never owned a spidy page that early so iam wondering about the maching writing on the page for the title. i thought all early marvel book were done in hand not machine for the titles but i could be wrong.

but this one fact to me, would kill any and all doubts about if the page was real. if the guy would turn over the page and scan the comic code emblem that should list the month and date. & year, i think we all would feel somewhat vindicated that the page is real. any other thoughts. : 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

larry ;]

Why wouldn't he be? If he played da ninety-tree Bulls, by himself, he'd win.

bulls1.jpg

now that.s funny . sign-funnypost.gif

larry ;]

my personal take on the page as far as is it real or fake would be this .

1st i never owned a spidy page that early so iam wondering about the maching writing on the page for the title. i thought all early marvel book were done in hand not machine for the titles but i could be wrong.

but this one fact to me, would kill any and all doubts about if the page was real. if the guy would turn over the page and scan the comic code emblem that should list the month and date. & year, i think we all would feel somewhat vindicated that the page is real. any other thoughts. : 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

larry ;]

Not sure about the machine stamp. I have only one "old" (pre 80's) Marvel page and the title is stamped while the issue # is handwritten. From what I've seen of older SA marvel art, alot have the stamp. Newer books, however, all tend to be handwritten. That's just my (limited) experience.

I agree with you on the back scan though. Would certainly clear up any issues of legitimacy if the back scan had the emblem. It should also list the month and artist. But, I doubt this guy will scan it.

I still think the page looks too "fresh" to be the real thing. It shows no signs of yellowing, the corners aren't blunted or chopped off, the edges are all very smooth (alot of old Marvel art I've seen has all kinds of edge miscuts, etc..).

chrisco37. iam not to concern about the whiteness of the page. there are are some early page,s out there that are in very nice shape. i saw with my own eyes up close the splash to x-men # 2 silver age page that is for all you young wipper snapper.s

and it looked like it was done yesterday. it looked that good. the page could have been covered and out of the light. to retain that new look.

but yes. if the guy scan the back of the page to show the comic code emblem. it would prove a lot.

larry ;]

I agree with you on the back scan though. Would certainly clear up any issues of legitimacy if the back scan had the emblem. It should also list the month and artist. But, I doubt this guy will scan it.

He actually says in the Q/A that there is nothing on the back. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From the listing:

Q: Could you please look on the back of the art for a Comic Magazine Approval Stamp? If there is one, it would be dated and signed.

A: The back has no markings. The only markings are stated in the auction. I could make out the text that had been penciled in but it would take me awhile to get back to you. Let me know if this would be of help. Thanks for looking.

I'm sure there are some great, well-preserved examples out there.

Getting back to the back scan issue, I re-read his Q&A. Someone did ask about it:

Q: Could you please look on the back of the art for a Comic Magazine Approval Stamp? If there is one, it would be dated and signed.

A: The back has no markings. The only markings are stated in the auction. I could make out the text that had been penciled in but it would take me awhile to get back to you. Let me know if this would be of help. Thanks for looking.

I'd be really weary of this one. Not saying this seller is a scammer. He may really have no idea what he does or doesn't have.