• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever buy raw from Harley Yee?

32 posts in this topic

I agree with the consensus, and have one thing to add regarding Harley's integrity. Back in the 90s I would sometimes trade books at shows for credit - and Harley would completely take my word on the amount of credit I had due months later, when I would order out of his catalog. It was a level of trust greatly appreciated.

Accurate grading, prices usually at guide or maybe a bit aggressive. But at least you know you're not buying a 6.0 that's priced as an 8.0.

I bought an ASM 14 he'd graded as a 6.0. It was priced right at guide. I sent it to CGC and it came back a 6.5. So clearly I was happy!

Plus Harley's a nice guy. I always like dealing with him.

When I was buying vintage comics, Harley would always have a no hassle return policy if I found resto or did not agree with the grade. He is extremely knowlegable and friendly. thumbsup2.gif

I agree with the consensus, and have one thing to add regarding Harley's integrity. Back in the 90s I would sometimes trade books at shows for credit - and Harley would completely take my word on the amount of credit I had due months later, when I would order out of his catalog. It was a level of trust greatly appreciated.

Harley is pretty good like that. But he does have a stunningly sharp mind, his memory is one of the best I've come across. Albeit he may look like budha's cousin to some, don't ever try to second guess the man, he's full of surprises.

I have found Harley to be one of the best and most consistent graders among large dealers, and have had numerous successful transactions with him both through the mail and at conventions.

I bought a raw X-Men 4, Spidey 17, and FF 9 from Harley, as well as numerous awesome Bronze books at cons. Great guy and a good grader; I agreed with all of his grades within a quarter-point, both above and below his estimation, which is an exceptional grading variance for a collector and dealer to have with each other.

I've only bought one book from him...

How to Draw for the comics....middle of the road grade, but he was accurate on the grade.

The book arrived and it was a canadian addition, not U.S., so I was dissapointed at the time, but now, I'm happy to have it, and wouldn't look back, as I've never seen another Canadian version...my main frustration was that he didn't say it was a canadian overstamp .15 cent edition (at the time).

If he's got the book you want, I wouldn't hesitate.

Harley is one of the best and nicest dealers I've ever dealt with. Accurate grading, outstanding service and somewhat pricey (especially for Timelys foreheadslap.gif), but he travels afar (London) to get books and always has a great selection.

Harley's always been a collector at heart, so customer service is a priority.

GE

That about sums it up. thumbsup2.gif

come to think of it I have been dealing consistently with Harley for just shy of 20 years - always a great source of information which I appreciate still - JUST GO BUY HIS COMICS ALREADY!

Harley had the Ohio Sgt Fury #2 marked at VF/NM for something in the range of $700. It didn't sell. He got it slabbed, came back an 8.0, sold it on ebay or comiclink for $400. Unfortunately i was strapped at the time. Missed out on filling a hole and reuniting an Ohio Fury with so many of its friends. =\