• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroe's Convention

150 posts in this topic

Well, its that time of the year again. Heroe's Con is just around the corner and we need to who all is going so we can meet and hang around if possible.

Last year we had a small but I thought very succesfull forum dinner.

Unfortunatly for myself, my best friend is getting married that weekend and I will be unable to attend the dinner, although I will be able to get there for the con on Friday.

So, who is going and is there interest in going to a dinner after the show.

popcorn.gif

I'm going! yay.gif

Stephen, when are you going to be there? You think you and Mike are going to ride up together this year?

I don't think Mike is going this time. I think its up to his wife. smirk.gif

tonofbricks.gif

when do you think you will be there? My best friend is getting married so im limited to Friday morning only

I was going to go and even emailed the shelton(?) guy you mentioned for table info about 3 months but he never replied. Seems awful foolish not to look for new blood for your show. To me going to a con with the same group of dealers gets old quick because most have the same inventory show after show (for good reason). The handful of (typically big) dealers who do show up with new stuff, it's interesting but rarely primo stuff otherwise they'd have moved it already in private sales or ebay. At least for GA. I'm fairly ignorant of the BA stuff, maybe that's where the opportunities are.

One of my pet peeves is ignored emailed especially when it's a business so I'v'e decided screw it and probably won't go at all. Frankly, it's only the social element, meet the forumites and BS the hobby that entices me, for as I've said, most cons hold no bargains in GA. Which is a shame because I greatly prefer to see a book in my hands before buying it.

The guys who run the small Charlotte show at the Best Western seem pretty cool; they're not the same ones running this big show, are they?

I was going to go and even emailed the shelton(?) guy you mentioned for table info about 3 months but he never replied. Seems awful foolish not to look for new blood for your show. To me going to a con with the same group of dealers gets old quick because most have the same inventory show after show (for good reason). The handful of (typically big) dealers who do show up with new stuff, it's interesting but rarely primo stuff otherwise they'd have moved it already in private sales or ebay. At least for GA. I'm fairly ignorant of the BA stuff, maybe that's where the opportunities are.

One of my pet peeves is ignored emailed especially when it's a business so I'v'e decided screw it and probably won't go at all. Frankly, it's only the social element, meet the forumites and BS the hobby that entices me, for as I've said, most cons hold no bargains in GA. Which is a shame because I greatly prefer to see a book in my hands before buying it.

The guys who run the small Charlotte show at the Best Western seem pretty cool; they're not the same ones running this big show, are they?

Ray, i can see the frustration for you.

No, the people who run the local one day show (This coming Saturday in fact) are Rick Fortenbury and Dave Shankel (sic).

Am i the only one excited to meet Rosario Dawson......Shes gonna sign my dvd of Kids....that whole scene with her talking about ana.....oh nevermind...
Wish Rosario a Happy Belated Birthday, since her Birthday is May 9th.

Am i the only one excited to meet Rosario Dawson......Shes gonna sign my dvd of Kids....that whole scene with her talking about ana.....oh nevermind...

tell her to attend chicago ... pretty please with sugar on top shy.gif

Thanks, will be working this coming weekend but would like to go to one of those Best Western shows if one is in August.

pm Forumite Capt. Comics, as he is one of the aforementioned promoters.

Shelton usually - by my understanding - would have been sold out of booth space by the time you emailed him. I know that he does a lot of wheeling and dealing on Sunday while everyone is breaking down their booths.

Hopefully, there will be a situation this year like last year where a dude with a storage unit full of untouched store stock from 1985 decides to blow out his boxes on the super cheap. yikes, what a feeding frenzy.

i will be there. i'll either be helping finecomics blow out boxes of super strong dollar books - seriously, there is a lot of good stuff in there - or wandering around until i get sick of looking at comics