• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you prefer Mini series or Ongoing series???

What do you prefer Mini series or Ongoing series  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer Mini series or Ongoing series

13 posts in this topic

Ongoing. I don't bother reading the numerous mini-series that pop up. One of the biggest problem with modern books is that there are too many series. Too much over exposure.

Ongoing. I don't bother reading the numerous mini-series that pop up. One of the biggest problem with modern books is that there are too many series. Too much over exposure.
Good point

I voted for on-going but my favorite choice is 3) Limited On-Going series à la Y, The Last Man or 100 Bullets or SiP or any other that has a plan and will stop once the story is told.

Mini-series are good for exploring certain characters or stories that involve a few characters.

Mini-series are good for exploring certain characters or stories that involve a few characters.

I see what you are saying but sometimes enough is enough. The same could be said of all the ongoing series. All the x-books for example could be cut down to two or three at most and I think you'd see better material. The talent is spread way too thin IMO.

Ongoing all the way, these companies don't know the meaning of moderation. I'm for killing mini's and going straight to graphic novels. I want the whole story and not buy a reprint.

I voted for on-going but my favorite choice is 3) Limited On-Going series à la Y, The Last Man or 100 Bullets or SiP or any other that has a plan and will stop once the story is told.

thumbsup2.gif

I voted mini, but only because there's no 'both' option.

minis have fewer chances to mess up (but yet they find away - U Hulk v Wolvie) but ongoing have more chances for growth and connection to a character.