• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How not to store comics....

13 posts in this topic

If u try to buy collections locally, all u are ever offered is Byrne X-men Marvels to Valiant overstock. tongue.gif

And even I'm not buying 99% of Valiant for $0.02 a pound. tongue.gif

I can't help but notice that the crate looks like something Old Navy

would use to sell shirts. How do we know there's more than cardboard

and straw under those top 10 books? grin.gif

I'd jump at the chance. I wouldn't pimp it as the "collector's dream collection" however. I'd just happily sell the books for profit, not mention the crate I got them out of and let other eBay sellers be the object of derision.

I saw a lot of the so called "Collector's Dream" at Lee's booth at Wondercon. The books were nive average overal VG books. Nothing special at all. (Lee also turned out to be a real unfriendly guy - I think he took offense when I suggested a Cap 75 (I was asking if he had one) would probably not be found in the long boxes of misc GA books on his table his people were pointing me to.

Anyway - the description is one more thing not in his favor: "This one is nearly perfect! It looks like it was just printed. The comic is clean, bright and flat." followed by "The staples are rusty. There is a 2-inch water stain on the top of the interior pages. There is a little bit of foxing on the back cover." How many colors of sunglass lenses can one person wear?

Hey. its Lee's comics!!! 27_laughing.gif he USED to be known as a real undergrader. Sold VG's that were F+ His Fine's were around the VF range. He doesn't carry anything much better than VF.