• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 prices going down?

33 posts in this topic

I hope it comes down, I've been needing a decent copy for awhile. No way I'm paying these sorts of prices.

no *spoon*. i hope they keep going down so i can finish my spidey mcfarlane run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

as for asm vol.2 36 being the next hit i hope so. picked mine up for $22 and came back from cgc a 9.8.

My LCS just sold me an CGC ASM v2 36 9.8 for $60! I'm glad that they don't like CGC's grading cause that means when they get a high graded book, I can buy it for guide!

Please and Thanks will be replaced with *SPOON* pretty soon.

you know it's bad when you start calling people *SPOON*holes.

I wish the mods would replace "SPOON" with "SMURF"

SMURF OFF sumo.gif

SMURF OFF sumo.gif

SMURF you very much. smile.gif

Unbelievable! Isn't this a common trend? A book peaks the highest before the movie release and drops during, sometimes even on the opening weekend.

Yes, I've observed this same trend since the X-Men movie came out in 2000. Even with the post-release drops, I think prices overall still get a long-term boost from the film--somewhere in the 5% to 20% range.

We all warned people about the 1500 a copy for a 9.8 that it was ludicrous. Still people got carried away. Now you see 'em with 1100 buyitnows! Soon it will drop to 700-800 where it should be.

The time for selling to maximize movie hype has always been before release. Now that the movie's out, ASM #300 falling off was inevitable...

Jim

"That's for true". At the Tampa comic show this past weekend a dealer had about 5 ASM 300s on the wall, and a few ASM #252 and Secret Wars #8s foreheadslap.gif I don't know why they didn't dump those a few months ago. I've had three copies, the last of which I sold in Janurary. That was the time to cash in. yay.gif

Unbelievable! Isn't this a common trend? A book peaks the highest before the movie release and drops during, sometimes even on the opening weekend. It just shows that there are plenty of comic dealers who do have the passion for comics, but seriously lack the business insight!!

Especially true for books such as ASM #300 which are really as common as dirt. I can just imagine the hundreds and even thousands of HG raw copies still sitting out there waiting to be placed into their CGC 9.4 and up slabs. foreheadslap.gif

I noticed that the SA Spideys all went for record prices in the Heritage auction last weekend while the Spidey movie was opening. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We all warned people about the 1500 a copy for a 9.8 that it was ludicrous. Still people got carried away. Now you see 'em with 1100 buyitnows! Soon it will drop to 700-800 where it should be.

exactly, and even the ones that just have a bid with no reserve are going between the 700-900 mark.