• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 prices going down?

33 posts in this topic

I've been checking ebay recently and I do think that prices for a cgc 9.4-9.6 copy are going down. 9.6's used to go for over 400 and now I just watched 3 9.6 auctions end with no takers each with a BIN of $300. One of the 9.6's was in the old case too. Me thinks the prices are going down.

Seeing as there's 126 ASM300 CGC 9.8's

655 ASM300 CGC 9.6's

830 ASM300 CGC 9.4's

And the census hasn't been updated in 2 months throughout the whole SMan 3 movie and venom rush so we have no true value of how many more have been graded, I would hope that these books would finally be going down. I think my dog has a copy of ASM300 CGC 9.6. makepoint.gif

The time for selling to maximize movie hype has always been before release. Now that the movie's out, ASM #300 falling off was inevitable...

Jim

"That's for true". At the Tampa comic show this past weekend a dealer had about 5 ASM 300s on the wall, and a few ASM #252 and Secret Wars #8s foreheadslap.gif I don't know why they didn't dump those a few months ago. I've had three copies, the last of which I sold in Janurary. That was the time to cash in. yay.gif

The time for selling to maximize movie hype has always been before release. Now that the movie's out, ASM #300 falling off was inevitable...

Jim

"That's for true". At the Tampa comic show this past weekend a dealer had about 5 ASM 300s on the wall, and a few ASM #252 and Secret Wars #8s foreheadslap.gif I don't know why they didn't dump those a few months ago. I've had three copies, the last of which I sold in Janurary. That was the time to cash in. yay.gif

Yeah, I sold 2 of my 4 9.6 copies on CL for $450 each last November. I kept the others since they didn't have that jaggedy cut along the right side of the book.

Jim

Unbelievable! Isn't this a common trend? A book peaks the highest before the movie release and drops during, sometimes even on the opening weekend. It just shows that there are plenty of comic dealers who do have the passion for comics, but seriously lack the business insight!!

on a series note, and because I'm too lazy to start a new thread.

Wanna take bids on the next big Amazing?

I think it'll be Vol2. 36.

I also think 9/11 related comics will be big within the next five years.

And like an *spoon*, I just stated that publicly w/o owning any (other than the 36).