• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 CGC 9.6- caveat emptor

14 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif...i saw a different seller on ebay recently that used the same method with the white out over the serial number. it was in regards to a secret wars #8 9.8. but he stated the serial number in the auction and listed that he had multiple copies and didn't want to take individual pictures of the same book. i would just email him and ask for the serial number so you can look it up. if he's legit i don't see why he wouldn't give it to you.

on a side note he does only have 4 feedback and could have used someone another or a buddies ebay name for the listings to try and make him seem legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130111357122&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

note the whited out serial #. looks like he's sold legit books but this one doesn't smell right.

Hey, at least he accepts cash!!!! insane.gifinsane.gif

Am I missing something or isn't the only reason you would want to white out a CGC serial number is because the book is stolen. confused-smiley-013.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130111357122&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

note the whited out serial #. looks like he's sold legit books but this one doesn't smell right.

Am I missing something or isn't the only reason you would want to white out a CGC serial number is because the book is stolen. confused-smiley-013.gif

or you don't want somebody to add it to their registry set without owning the book.

or you don't want somebody to add it to their registry set without owning the book.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif What would keep me from adding every slab I've ever owned to the Registry? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting that he's based in the U.K. but only ships to the U.S..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

His shipping includes shipping to UK and Worldwide...it's possible he just didn't fill out the auction correctly. I make that mistake more times than I care to admit, especially if you don't do this stuff often.

hm What would keep me from adding every slab I've ever owned to the Registry? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nothing...

You could add any book you see on Ebay or Heritage into your own registry set, as long as that book wasn't already registered.

Interesting that he's based in the U.K. but only ships to the U.S..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

scary . . . wink.gif freakin' weirdo's over there, I tell ya hi.gif

That is indeed true... 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

But as Sterling has pointed out, he does ship locally, so my bad there....