• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romita Jr. purchasing advice?

26 posts in this topic

Okay... I'm not trying to jack someone else's thread, but WHEN DID THE GG HAVE SEX WITH GWEN STACY?!? I've spent the past year since getting back into collecting working on old stuff. Can someone PLEASE tell me this isn't true??? What the *spoon* has been going on since I left???

Believe me, you are better off not knowing.

Okay... I'm not trying to jack someone else's thread, but WHEN DID THE GG HAVE SEX WITH GWEN STACY?!? I've spent the past year since getting back into collecting working on old stuff. Can someone PLEASE tell me this isn't true??? What the *spoon* has been going on since I left???

It was in the "Sins Past" storyline in Amazing Spider-Man #509-#514. Issue #512 is the one with the most offensive content - there is one flashback panel showing Norman Osborn in the throes of sinister ecstasy that *will* make you puke. I should add that the author of this travesty is J. Michael Straczynski. After reading this garbage, I will never purchase anything written by him ever again - some things are just unforgivable. sumo.gif

As far as I'm concerned, the "real" Amazing Spider-Man run ended with issue #297. Everything that happened after that (yes, including Venom, who I view as more lame than Rocket Racer, and the god-awful McFarlane run) is all alternate-reality fodder as far as I'm concerned - Gwen died in ASM #121, Norman died in ASM #122 and never were any bodily fluids exchanged between the two. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seriously? Is there any possible way to have this stricken from the record? I mean, how could someone who is a Spider-Man fan (I'm ASSUMING you must be to work on the mag) DO something like THAT??? What the *spoon*?!?

All the more reason to avoid most of this modern stuff and keep my head firmly planted in the Silver-Copper age comics.

Sorry for the thread jacking- won't do it again, I promise!