• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 47

11 posts in this topic

Even taking into consideration the off-center printing, the cover looks oddly miscut. Badly trimmed or printing error?

Otherwise it presents nicely - does the tape cover a spine split?

All in all I'd say 3.5

Even taking into consideration the off-center printing, the cover looks oddly miscut. Badly trimmed or printing error?

Otherwise it presents nicely - does the tape cover a spine split?

All in all I'd say 3.5

One piece covers a tiny split, the other is there for fun. The one on the staple covers up the pull. I think it's a nice VG.

Wow. Nice comic book.

I personally do NOT downgrade harshly for "miscuts" and such other printed final products. I look for human-handled signs of wear and tears, etc. for the bulk of my grades.

But there looks like TWO pieces of nasty old tape on both spine corners - a big "no-no" for me.

Final grade: VG 4.0.

CAL hi.gif

Yeah... the tape's a downer. Staples look tight though, and only some minor creasing here and there. Slightly rounded corners, but again, generally good there too. Yeah, I'd definitely say you could go with a 4.0 on this one. Maaaybe 3.5 if you're one to take the printer defect (miscut) into account, but I think 4.0 is spot on.

AWESOME comic by the way.

3.5- 4.0 is definitely the right range. I think 4.0 because there are no jarring creases, tears, soiling, etc. Good eye appeal for a comic with 3 pieces of tape.