• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a completist????

Are you a completist????  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a completist????

144 posts in this topic

I am a completist and collect all titles from all companies, all ages, all genres.

Recently I have been thinking of narrowing my focus to certain things and actually selling some of my collection to make some space.......just thinking mind.

:roflmao:

And hell will freeze over

I am a completist and collect all titles from all companies, all ages, all genres.

Recently I have been thinking of narrowing my focus to certain things and actually selling some of my collection to make some space.......just thinking mind.

If you don't, I'd seriously consider moving to a bungalow!

:roflmao:

And hell will freeze over

Brian, you know me so well. :facepalm:

The hobby has made it hard to be a completist.

Excellent statement.

But not impossible :facepalm:

The thing is to be a completist these days you need to lower your expectations , trying to complete a run in 9.0 or better is pretty near impossible , you need to go down to 8.0 or so .

The hobby has made it hard to be a completist.

Excellent statement.

But not impossible :facepalm:

The thing is to be a completist these days you need to lower your expectations , trying to complete a run in 9.0 or better is pretty near impossible , you need to go down to 8.0 or so .

I was referring more of the number of variants being released.

Not really. I'm still new to collecting, so right now I'm grabbing cool SA covers, and not necessarily key issues. But if I have the opportunity to get a few sequential issues, then I'll grab them. Just curious, has anyone collected FF issues that end in "4" (i.e. 4, 14, 24, 34, etc...)? I've been trying to do that just for fun.

A Completest to a point, I lost interest in certain titles as they got newer so I collect those titles to a certain issue and stop but I want all issues to that point.

Examples...

I only go to...

#125 in Avengers

#132 in D.D

#200 in Incredible Hulk

#200 in Thor

#134 in Strange Tales(not a big fan of Nick Fury or Shield)

#150 in Uncanny X-Men

The Atlas Westerns that I am working on I am only interested in 10 cent covers.